Twenty three

Michael's POV

"Hello London!" Luke bellowed into the microphone. Girls and even some guys screamed back at him.

"How are we feeling tonight, guys?" Calum asked.

More screaming.

Oh, how I wish to be back home with my girls.

"This next song is a cover." Luke said.

"What's it called, mike?" He asked.

"This song is called Teenage Dream." I shouted. The crowd erupted into fits of laughter and screaming, just pure happiness.

I started the guitar part, followed by Ashton on the drums and Calum on the bass.

"I think you're pretty without any make up on.

I think you're funny when you tell the punch line wrong.

I knew you got me, so I let my walls come down, down."

Luke sang with his eyes closed, clearly lost in the song.

My mind drifted to Lily.

I love everything about her. She's so sweet and beautiful and funny. She's a fantastic mum to. I don't think she knows I know it but she sings to Scarlett when she can't sleep. It's adorable. She does have a nice voice as well. She's bashful and clever, always thinking about others before herself.

And I know I want to spend the rest of my life with her. Because these past months have been a whirlwind of fun with her. And I don't want anything else.

I had planned on proposing, but then I found out about this tour and everything was ruined.

I love music and performing for our fans but right now, it's too much. I can't force Lily to practically raise our child by herself. I'm not there 70% of the time, because of my job. And it sucks.

After Teenage Dream, we sang Never Be and then She Looks So Perfect and then we were done for the night. Thank goodness.

I wanted to Skype Lily but I knew she would be sleeping right now, it's like 2 am in Sydney.

On the ride back to the hotel, the entire car was silent.

"I fucking miss my girlfriend." Ashton mumbled. Everyone looked up in surprise. Ashton refrains from swearing whenever possible so... wow?

"We know you do Ash, we know you do." Luke said quietly.

"We should figure out a time someone next week when we can like, Skype them all at one time. Anna, Lily, Emily, Olivia and of course, Scarlett." Calum suggested. "Good idea." Luke agreed.

I nodded as well.

"Do you think they'll come out to see us?" Ashton asked. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Like, our girls. Come out to see one or two of our shows. Maybe stay with us for a week or two." He explained. "That would be nice." Calum said.

"Sure would." Luke agreed. I nodded.

I'd love to have them come out. Unfortunately, I know they won't. Emily might, maybe even Olivia. But Anna and Lily won't because of Scarlett.

"I'm tired." I announced. "Same!" Ashton shouted and cuddled up to me. "Your cuddles aren't as good as Lily's." I whined. "Shut up, Clifford."

We arrived back at the hotel and we retired to our separate rooms.

Tomorrow, we're flying out to Dublin, then were doing a quick tour around to France, Germany, Spain, Portugal, Belgium and Italy. That's going to take a week and then we're going to be going to America. That's going to take two months. After that, three stops in Canada, Mexico City, and then Japan.

Japan.

They don't even speak English.

After we go through Japan, China and Russia, we fly back to London for one night and then it's off to Australia for I think four or five dates. And then we get to go home!

I sighed. This is going to be an exhausting tour.

I decided to shower because soon enough I'm going to be stuck on a damn bus with one shower that has limited hot water (last time it was gone in two weeks!) with three boys that love to take long showers.

I let the hot but not hot enough to burn water soothe the sore muscles in my shoulders.

When I got out, I looked in the mirror. The red in my hair had faded into orange and my roots were coming in. Time for a new colour. Maybe I should ask Lily what to do next... I decided I'd do that after a long nights sleep.

Tomorrow we were off to Ireland and that means there was bound to be a party.

And a party with the Irish, that was like the definition of party hard.

Luke's POV

"But don't tell him, okay? I want it to be a surprise." Lily pleaded. I smiled. "Yeah, yeah."

"I'm serious, Luke."

"I know! I won't tell him, okay?"

She sighed. "Good. I gotta go, it's really late and I've got to work tomorrow." She said and yawned. "Night Lil."

"Night."

I hung up the phone and and slipped it back into my pocket.

"Luke! Come on man, let's go!" Michael yelled for me. I groaned and walked reluctantly out of the bathroom. The guys were standing there with their carry on bags, waiting for me.

"Jesus, you take forever." Mikey mumbled. "Sorry mate, I was taking a shit." I said quickly. "Aw, really?! That's nasty bro." Calum shouted.

I shrugged and brushed past them out into the hall. Our flight has been bumped up to tonight, because there was a storm expected for tomorrow and they didn't want us to get stuck here.

"I hate airplanes." Ashton whined. "Same." Calum agreed. "They make me feel claustrophobic." I admitted. "Really?" Calum asked. I nodded sheepishly. What? They do.

We got into the black SUV that was going to be taking us to the airport and sat down. Ashton put his hood up and his earbuds on; a sign that he wanted to be left alone. Michael was looking at pictures on his phone, no doubt Lily and Scarlett. And Calum was looking out the window, occasionally texting people, probably Anna.

My mind drifted to Olivia. We haven't been together that long and already I think I'm falling for her. I'm going to be cautious because my last girlfriend Alicia was a total bitch and cheated.