Twenty eight

Four Weeks Later

Today was the day Anna, Emily, Olivia and myself were coming home.

I was upset that I had to leave Michael but I was also glad that I could go home to my baby.

Michael woke me up with a big, sloppy kiss. "Good morning beautiful." He said. "Morning." I groaned.

"Do you know what today is?" He whispered. "August 12th. My leaving date." I replied softly, finding his hand under the covers and taking it in mine. "Yeah." He said.

"I'm torn." I admitted. He turned his head to face me. "Between?"

"You and Scarlett. I've had so much fun this past month, and in a way I never want it to stop. I got a taste of what it was like before we had Scar. But I miss her, a lot." I explained.

"And you know you're doing the right thing." He pointed out. "Yeah but I'm gonna miss you so much. You still have three months of tour left." I said.

He sighed. "I know. And I want to go home with you. I miss my baby girl more than anything right now and I really want to see her." He said softly. "Won't they let you have a few days off?" I asked.

"No way. It's smack in the middle of tour, the hardest part." He said bitterly. "You sound like you resent it." I replied. "I've grown to." He admitted.

"Oh." Was all I could say. "I love you." He whispered. "I love you too." I breathed.

Michael wrapped his arms around my tiny body and pulled me close to him, resting his chin on my head. "I promise I'll come home soon." He whispered. "You'd better." I giggled.

We eventually tore ourselves away from the bed and took a shower together, Michael singing to me. Afterwards we joined everyone downstairs in the hotel restaurant for breakfast.

I noticed right away how sad everyone looked. Luke wouldn't let go of Olivia's hand, even when they were eating. Ashton and Emily kept glancing sadly at each other and Anna put her head on Calum's shoulder.

"I wish we could stay longer." Anna mumbled, breaking the silence. "I wish we could come home for a while." Michael said. "Agreed." Ashton piped up.

"Then why don't you? If all of you come, they can't fire all of you, can they?" Emily suggested. "Actually they can and they probably would. Otherwise we'd have come home a long time ago." Ashton told her.

"Oh." She said and stared at her half eaten food.

"I have something to ask." Michael randomly announced. "What is it?" Calum asked.

"Well it's more for Lily than you." He replied.

"Mikey?" I asked nervously. He smiled at me and reached into his pocket, pulled out a small velvet box. Oh shit.

"Lily Matthews, will you do me the honour of being my wife? Will you marry me?"

I felt the tears spring to my eyes. "Yes. Yes, yes, yes! Oh my god Michael, I love you so much." I babbled, crying my eyes out.

He smiled even wider and slipped the simple diamond ring on my finger.

I noticed six words engraved in the band.

How did we end up here?

I smiled and laughed at it. "Our story is a unique one, Clifford."

He kissed me like he's never kissed me before and when we finally pulled away, everyone was staring at us.

"What?" Michael asked, breaking the silence. "You're getting married?" Luke choked out, clearly shocked.

"Obviously." I replied. "But you're only nineteen." Anna added. "So? Anna, we have a baby together and we're in love." I said.

"What about the band?" Ashton asked. "We'll make it work. We always do." Michael said.

"Guys, it's our decision. Whether you like it or not." I deadpanned. "It's not that we disapprove, it's just a little shocking." Olivia protested.

"We know. It's not like we're getting married today though." I explained.

"I was thinking Christmas?" Michael suggested. "Sounds perfect to me." I agreed, smiling at him.

"Congratulations guys. You're just full of surprises." Emily said, smiling. "Thanks." Both of us said at the same time.

For the rest of breakfast, there was talk of the wedding. The cake, the venue, the dress, the flowers. Emily and Anna were absolutely obsessed with the idea and couldn't wait.

When it was time to go, Michael kissed me extra long and had trouble letting me go. "This is going to be the longest we've ever been apart. But you and Scarlett are going to be on my mind every second of every day." Michael whispered as he hugged me.

"I know. We'll be thinking of you too. I'll miss you Mikey. I love you."

We kissed one last time before us girls walked hand in hand into the terminal and boarded the plane.

As soon as it was safe, I checked my phone.

From Fiancée <3:

I love you babe

I texted him back with a simple smiley face and then told Candice we were on our way home and would be there in a few hours.

When we got back to Sydney, Olivia and Emily each had another plane to catch. Liv was going to Melbourne to visit family and Emily was going to Adelaide.

Anna and I were picked up by Candice and Scarlett.

Scarlett had pretty much doubled in size and her hair had grown longer, the curls were coming out. She was so beautiful.

I took her from Candy and hugged her and gave her kisses for what seemed like forever. Finally, Candice joined our group hug.

"I missed you. She's been a doll." Candice said. "Thank you so much for doing this. I owe you big time." I said gratefully.

She waved her hand at me. "Nah. It was my pleasure."

We went back to Anna's and my flat and were surprised to find everything spotless and in working order, just like Candice's place. She was a neat freak and that was one of the reasons in was surprised she would care for a baby for a month.

I spent the entire evening with Scarlett, just talking to her and cuddling with her. I missed her a lot.

Okay so there will be an epilogue!

After that the story will be completely over, I'm not doing a sequel.

Vote, comment and follow :)