12. Please Don't Be Like My Past

Joshelynn's POV:
So it's been a long day and we just got home. The reunion was great but I didn't see Jackson Edderstein. If you remember he was my first crush i think. And he was my first kiss believe or not. What a loser I am...having my first kiss in ninth grade. Get yours in 7th or 8th children because it's better then 9th trust me. That's one of the main reasons I remember him because he was my first kiss. I hate all this lovey stuff in my life like where's the action. I never really was into sports besides watching them. Well tonight I'm going to sleep good.

*next morning*

Joshelynn's POV:
I just woke up because of a knock at the door. I put on some jeans and a sweater and ran down the steps. I knew Ben was at a job interview so it's probably one of his friends. But...it wasn't. "Oh..hi, I haven't seen you in forever." I said. "That's all I get? How about a hug girly?" Said...Jackson."Oh of course, sorry." I replied. I hugged him and he smelt like that cologne you get from Hollister. His hair was soft and brown and his eyes were hazel. His smile made me melt but I definitely don't have any feeling for him anymore."So, how'd you know I was down here?" I asked. "Oh, Ben told like everyone and social media..aha sorry." He responded. "Oh no worries. Come, come in." I said with a smile.

Jackson's POV:
Whoa..Joshelynn looked as great as ever. Obviously she just got up but she still looked as beautiful as she always is. I just love her personality..funny, fun, sweet, caring, and strong. She's many more but I'd be wasting your time.

We walked into the living room and she turned on the news and the electronic fire place. It was super cold and started to snow. She looked cold and I wanted to help her. I didn't know what to do or what I was doing but I held her close. I've missed her presence. I can't believe I used to just think of her as a friend in middle school. But, I finally opened my eyes and realized she IS what I need and what I was always looking for. So a quick little note for you guys, open your eyes and see the people who actually care and matter in your life. If I never realized what Joshelynn really meant to me, I wouldn't have the love for her I have now. I would've never made her so happy when I asked her out. When we had to break up because of Ben, I was sad but I knew to understand.

Joshelynn's POV:
I was shocked when Jackson held me close to him. I was starting to notice what I missed in high school. I probably have mixed emotions anyways. Ben's the one I want and the one I need, not Jackson.

I looked up and saw his sparkling hazel eyes and I had a quick flashback to the night of our date. I remember I looked into his eyes with lust...and he kissed me. Ugh. I can't fall for him, he's just a..a trap. Okay Joshelynn, back to reality.

He was still staring at me and started to lean in...uh oh. I can't reject him but I have to, I love Ben. "Oh um, I don't think we should do this." I said. "Oh, um what do you mean?" He asked. "It's Ben..." I responded. "Oh..." He said. "What do you mean by 'oh'?". "Didn't you know?" He said. "Didn't I know what?..". "That Ben was dating Cassidy, and I'm pretty sure he only broke up with her because you came back." He stated. "Well no I didn't know and he moved on?.." I asked. "Um yeah I think he did. But it was wrong not to tell you." Jackson said. "Uh..I got to go. I mean..you have to go." I rushed Jackson out the door. Before I shut it he told me that he will be there if I need him. I believe him but right now I'm a little furious.

I called Ben 4 times, left at least 6 messages, and facetimed him once. He never answered. I hope he's not out with Cassidy...ugh I'm so upset. I texted my sister, Kate who is currently in college.

Me: Hey sis, I think I should come home.

Kate: Why? Isn't this what you want?

Me: Well I found out Ben was dating Cassidy and may still be actually.

Kate: Oh no, you don't deserve this...especially since your past was horrible.

Me: I know. My life sucks. I can't trust anyone anymore. But I'm not fully sure it was or is true. I will find out though.

Kate: Where is Ben now?

Me: An "interview"

Kate: You don't seem so sure it's an interview.

Me: Yeah but I'm about to find out.....