14. The Rush

Ben's POV:
Nothing. No words. No thoughts. I just can't. The world stopped. I was frozen. I did not move nor blink. Everything went silent.

I ran to my car to get to the hospital. Ugh! If I would've told JC about the meet up, this wouldn't have happened. Oh my gosh this is all my fault! I can't stop shaming myself for this. I hopped into the car and turned the engine on. Then I turned off the radio so I have complete silence. The whole way I was praying and praying just to know she'll be okay. But I don't understand why JC would actually think I'd like someone else. Never. No. All the other girls are mean or snotty or annoying but JC is nice and kind and pretty and everything! She's so perfect. There's no flaws because she has flaws. She embraces them and makes it who she is. She's shy but then when you know her she's fun and bubbly. Honestly she has been my best friend forever. I can't lose her especially before I die. I was die before she does so then I don't have to live without her. I can just imagine her greenish blue eyes twinkling as she smiles. She hates how she smiles and how she laughs. But what she doesn't know is it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. I hate that she hates her smile. I hate that she hates some things about herself. But you know...you have to tell them and they'll be more happy and confident with it. Anyways, I hope she's okay...my everything.

Joshelynn's POV:
I couldn't see a thing but I could hear sirens. There were people yelling and all I felt was pain. I was going to die. I knew it. But why would I think Ben would like some mean girl like that. I don't know...there's always that heartbreak in life. Ugh. He gets me so nervous. He doesn't know how it hurts to see him talking to other girls. No, I'm not jealous. I'm afraid. Afraid that I'm going to lose him and then It'll end up like all relationships. Like the one before..the worst. I actually liked him and wanted him to be mine. But I should've known it would end up like this. What made me happy is that Ben never lost interest in me since Kindergarten and neither have I. I was always scared as the years passed he'd fall for someone else, someone better. He'd tell me he'd never hurt me nor leave. But, no one knows the future besides what you do in the present that creates it.

Ow ow ow. Gosh! The pain is excruciating. I am dying. I am. I can't take it anymore just let me go. I'll go to heaven and from there God will take care of me. But what about Ben? What about my family? I can't just give up. I can't just not even try when I still have a chance. Yes, I have an 80% chance of dying, but that doesn't mean I won't make it. My eyes couldn't open still. Then everything got quieter. Was I losing my hearing? Or was I passing out? Or....

Ben's POV:
I ran into the front of the hospital and asked the lady where she was and could I see her. "You'll have to wait a couple minutes. She isn't ready for visitors. This is an emergency so you'll have to wait." She said. "Is she okay???!" I asked. "We don't know for sure sir, sorry." She responded.

I sat down in a seat in the corner. Why? Why? Why is this happening?? I don't want this please. I need her. I need us.

*20 minutes of waiting*

"You may go see her now, she's in room 217." The nurse said. I sprung up from my chair and ran to the room. I quietly walked in but nervous to see her like this. I can't bare to see the pain she has been through and is going through. I walked slower. I pushed away the curtain to see her hooked up to an I.V and her body bandaged. Blood all over the bandages. Bruises amongst her body. I just laid my hand gently on hers. I sat in the chair and looked at her scratched up face. I just looked at her and saw all the memories and how much I love her. Yes I'm in love I know but I'm afraid she doesn't feel the same. I got a text from JC's mom.

"Is she okay!? I heard the news and we're going as fast as we can. I'm crying and I don't feel good about this. Please keep her safe. We'll be there tonight!"

"Okay I'm so sorry but she seems stable right now. I'll look after her. I care too much."

"Thank you xx"

My baby. My love. My princess. My angel. My everything. Ugh, I just want her to be okay. I feel like I don't express my love for her too often but I'll do it better I promise. I don't want to lose her and I can't.

I couldn't stop looking at her and her whole body. She looked in so much pain. If she only has a 10% chance of surviving wouldn't there be a bunch of doctors?

The beeping of the machine started going slower and slower. Oh no. This. No. Not now. I yelled as loud as possible. "HELP! SOMEONE ANYONE!!". All I see is a bunch of doctors and nurses rushing in. I run out of the room and fall onto the ground. I sit there with my face cupped in my hands. I was crying. I was crying to the point I couldn't cry anymore. My face was red and swollen.

*10 minutes later*

They invited me back in. They're afraid she might not survive. She better live, I need her to.

I walked back in and sat in the chair and pulled it closer. I grabbed her hand and started rubbing my thumb across it. I looked closely at her face. "I'm sorry beautiful..." I whispered to her. No response. I expected that. But I couldn't help it. "I'm so so sorry..." I said again. I just looked at her motionless body. All I could hear was the noise..the 'beep..beep...beep'. Why her? Why not me? I'd rather it be me. I looked down in my lap still holding her hand. I just stared at the floor.

Then I couldn't hear a thing....