"Hush"

Hush
· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Hush· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

ⁱᵐᵃᵍᵉ ˢᵒᵘʳᶜᵉ: ᵖⁱⁿᵗᵉʳᵉˢᵗ

❄︎

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Rock-a-bye, baby, on the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all"

"Hush my little baby. I'm here so please don't you cry." a nurse said while holding the baby in the nursery section.

"I'm your momma here. All of you here are my precious little girls and boys." the nurse added while closing the blue curtains.

The nursery section was clean and painted in white that anyone who will enter the room will feel comfortable. It is thirty minutes past eight in the evening. Busy doctors and nurses come and go. Patients are waiting in their beds for their medications. The fluorescent lights are busy lighting the whole environment. It was a silent and peaceful night for all here in this medical floor.

"I need to go now, Nurse Mary. Take care of our babies here. Remember to check all of them every now and then." Nurse Tina said while keeping her observation and medical reports for the attending physicians of the newborn infants.

"I already left some important notes here on the table. If you need something, just call for assistance in the nurse station adjacent to this section." Nurse Tina added.

After several minutes of silence in the room, Nurse Mary heard a cry. It was from the baby at the far end of the room. She immediately responded and checked what was wrong.

She checked the clothings and it was wet. She then changed it as well as the bedding. Afterwards, Nurse Mary sang a lullaby to put back the baby to sleep.

"Rock-a-bye, baby, in the treetop
When the wind blows, the cradle will rock
When the bough breaks, the cradle will fall
And down will come baby, cradle and all"

After several hours of watching over the newborns, and it's already 3 in the morning, lights suddenly started to flicker. It made the nursery dark for a while. Then, She heard a baby laughing and the another one is crying vociferously.

"Please cry for me! Your cries are the music to my ears!" she whispered while touching the baby's rosy lips.

"Now! I want to hear more. Please let me hear your angelic yet harrowing cries!" She added while touching the heads of the babies.

One by one, she broke the arms of the babies. She even twisted the bodies of some while inside their incubators.

Some sleeping babies were awakened by the noise, making her more excited. She pulled some medical tape and wrapped it around the mouths and eyes of the babies.