friends

i didn't want to consider alex and i friends, but at the same time i did. as much as i hate to admit it, alex was a really good person to have in my life and i enjoyed my time with him. i wanted to trust him, but i genuinely believed that he would eventually give me a reason not to.

as if right now, he was about to stream. that basically meant continuous screaming for a few hours. i didn't mind it as much as i thought it would, but i still found myself hoping that one day i could laugh that hard.

"hey!" alex runs into the room i was in. he looks slightly out of breath. "i need a favor."

i pause to think. on one hand, this could be literally anything in the world, and on the other, he was letting me live in his house for free.

"what is it?" i ask.

"please, we need an extra player for a game and you would be perfect." he begs.

"absolutely not." i say without thinking. no way i was about to do anything in front of thousands of people.

"i know you aren't a big people person, but please just try it. just one round! and if you're uncomfortable at any time after that you can leave. please, i actually think you'll have fun." he speaks in one go, as if he's afraid i'll yell at him.

i really owed him, maybe this is how i could make up for it. "fine."

"yes! let's go!" he shouts, running into his office.i walk after him, shaking my head. i can't ignore the small amount of amusement i have though.

in the next 15 minutes, we had a decent setup going. a few cans of energy drinks and soda were placed off screen but in reach, along with some snacks. now came the hard part.

"hey guys, this is my... room mate! she's gonna sub in for sapnap for today." i fumble with the earbud i had. alex had one while i had the other.

"hi, i'm reyna." i clear my throat before speaking. alex had told me a little bit about them, and they seemed like okay people. but most bad people seem okay.

"hi reyna! i love your name, i'm darryl, or badboyhalo, or bbh, whatever you prefer!" alex had told me that he didn't like cursing, and was overall very sweet. i almost could've made that assumption based off of his voice. i decided i liked darryl.

"you sorta met me, i'm karl." a decently familiar voice says. i try not to think of the whole situation that happened after i first spoke to him. apparently, he was very nice too, but you have to get to know him.

"'ello, i'm wilbur." i british accent introduces themselves. all i knew about wilbur was that he was british and a musician, so i didn't have an opinion of him yet.

"i'm just going to keep it 100 with you guys, i don't know how to socialize, so it's not that i don't like you, it's that i don't know how to talk to 70 thousand people at once." i speak with a mono toned voice, but internally i was fucking screaming.