edgy

same shit, different day. i thought as i adjusted my name pin on my taco bell uniform. here i was. a nineteen year old woman working in a shitty fast food in mexico where i get harassed almost daily by middle age men and paid minimum wage.

i would quit if i was able to, but i needed to make money somehow. i didn't have any traits that made me skilled in the workplace and i didn't want to live with my parents forever.

"hello! what can i get for you today?" i greet a scrawny looking teenage boy from behind the register. he looked nervous, so i tried to seem nice for once.

"um a nachos bell grande combo with a regular sprite." he said in a rush. he was clearly white, and spoke the menu items like he didn't know what spanish was.

i nodded a smiled politely at him, as if i was reassuring him. "anything else?" i ask. he shakes his head in response. i ring up his meal and relay it to the kitchen. i go to help the next costumer and my smile immediately drops.

"what can i get you?" i ask, monotoned.

"geez do you ever smile?" some greasy old man asked me rudely. he peered over the register to see my name tag. 

"what can i get you?" i ask again, not moving a muscle in my face.

"you're very scary, reyna. boys don't like that." he grins, reading off my name.

"if you haven't realized, we sell food here, so if you aren't going to order you're going to have to leave." i roll my eyes.

the man whistles at me. "damn. lemme get a black bean crunch wrap with a coke." he finally orders.

one more hour to go.

i climb into my car, gripping the steering wheel and hitting my head on it. taking off my dumbass hat i let it a short scream, not caring who heard.

i'm so fucking tired of living like this. 

it's the same thing over and over and over again with the same shitty people. life was suppose to be fucking fun.

what the fuck is this.

i haven't had a genuine conversation with anyone for years. when will i get to live how i want to?

i check my phone, squinting to see my percentage past my shattered screen. i plug it in to the aux and shuffle my liked songs on spotify, hearing the intro for 'missing kitty' by Kreayshawn start to play.

i pulled out of the lot, heading to the walmart down the street. i needed canvases and the ones there were cheap enough. i turned into the parking lot, already struggling to find a spot.