Chapter I. A Letter.

The silence and complete peace that had filled this dilapidated house for the past few weeks was destroyed by annoying knocking on the window.

Hermione Granger opened her eyes, returning to the reality. She has sat on a wooden, slightly rotten floor, meditating, for several hours. But this sound, such familiar sound, instantly destroyed the girl's entire concentration. An owl sat on the sill of the open window. An envelope was clamped in her beak, very much like a Howler. Before Granger had time to get to the window, an envelope jumped out of the owl's beak, knocking the poor thing down, and flew into the center of the room, yelling:

- HERMIONE JEAN GRANGER! How dare you not answer my letters?! - The voice coming out of the Howler belonged to the angry Ginevra Weasley.

- I know you got every one of them, and I know that you are aware that our wedding is not far off. I know! - the voice of the redhead softened at the next remark, - I understand you're looking for your true self, Hermione. I understand that you lost a lot. But, Hermione, we also had a hard time, and the wedding is the first joyful event in the last five years. Come home, mom will be happy to accommodate you at the Burrow for the wedding. We miss... - at that, the letter broke off.

The brown-haired woman sat down on the edge of the bed, thinking.

All three years that she spent in a small village in India changed the girl a lot.

Here, she lived in peace and harmony with herself and nature. All the horrors of the war are in the past. Her mistakes were in the past.

Of course, Hermione missed her friends. However, Granger like living far away from England. Besides, Harry and Ginny were happy together. George found solace in Angelina, and Ron... Hermione never said a "good bye" to Ron. She told him that she was going to visit her parents for a couple of weeks. Yet, she never came back.

The  woman understood that she had no right to miss her friends' wedding, but she didn't have the strength to see Ron.

Sill, Hermione got up and took the quill.