Chapter 28

(Y/N's P.O.V)

I quickly ran to the table with the bag in my hand.

(F/N) was already there.

"I don't see why you and Kennedy always seem to be each other's valentine when you aren't dating each other?" (F/N) asked kind of angrily.

"Because, it's funny," I elbowed (F/N) slightly. "Here's what I got her,"

I opened the bag and showed her the bunch of chocolate bars, a card, and to top it all off, a weird cup I found at Target.

Ugh. I agree with (F/N). Why?

Because I think it's funny. Is it not? I...

No- no- no! I think it's funny, and I mean- like a personal joke between you and the friend group, but, I mean- if anybody else other than your group figured out.

Okay, then next year I won't do this again.

"I'm gonna go sneak into Kennedy's locker and put this in there," I said.

"Well, come on," (F/N) sat up, starting to drag me to the Junior hallways. "Let's go!"

We weren't really supposed to go to the lockers until the bell rang for school to start. But if it were someone's birthday you could decorate someone's locker.

If someone caught us we'd just tell the truth. We wouldn't get in trouble.

I stopped at Kennedy's locker.

"Do you know the code?" I looked at (F/N).

"No," (F/N) sighed.

I sighed, glancing at Eric.

It's five-nineteen-thirty-one.

Thanks.

I quickly put in the combo and opened the locker.

"How did you know?" (F/N) asked.

"I guess she told me once and I just kinda remembered it," I shrugged, taking the bag and putting it in, making sure that card was shown at the top so she knew it was from me.

I got a scrap piece of paper and wrote something down on the paper.

Don't make a scene with the gifts. Don't tell anyone about this, please.

I stared at the note. Do you think she'll listen to me?

Of course, she will. Eric scoffed.

I smiled and put it next to the card after underlining the note. I closed the locker door lightly and turned toward (F/N).

"Do you just want to hang out in the bathroom before school starts?" I asked.

"Uh- sure," (F/N) shrugged.

Why'd you ask that?

I guess it's just a calmer place than the cafeteria just waiting for more students to come in.

Eric shrugged. Whatever floats your boat.

I held back a soft laugh.

We snuck in Junior's girl bathroom, the lights flickering on. I leaned against the wall in between two sinks, looking around the bathroom. Eric leaned against the same wall, only a sink away from me.

"This bathroom is much higher quality than our middle school ones," (F/N) laughed.

"That's true," I nodded. "So, you gonna date anyone today?"