Chapter One - The Hunt Begins

On a hot summer day in Manhattan, Detective Elisa Maza joins a police assault on a criminal gang's hideout. The police task force was pinned down by heavy gunfire. In the task force was the hotheaded Detective Danny Harris, the calm and collected Adeline Valentine, and veteran Captain David Johns. As the 

Danny: Where the fuck is the SWAT Team?! 

Adeline: That building is crawling with snipers! They'd get picked off! 

Elisa: We're going to need to think of something fast! 

At this point, Elisa wished it were nighttime. If her friends of the Manhattan Clan were involved, this gang would've been taken down with ease. Elisa then turned to Captain Johns as she trusted his judgement and experience. 

Elisa: You got any ideas, Captain Johns?

David: We're certainly in a meatgrinder. This is just like my time back in Special Forces. 

David looked around the area for something that can be used to help them get into the building. He then reloaded his pistol. 

David: Marza, you and Harris cover me! Valentine, you're with me! 

With that, David and Adeline made a run for the police car as Elisa and Danny laid down suppressing fire. Meanwhile in the building, notorious gang leader Blackjack Morrison was talking to his enforcer Razor and his gang.

Blackjack: Christmas come early, boys! We got ourselves a shooting gallery down there! Let's make those fucking pigs squeal! 

The gang members cheer as they continue firing on the police taskforce. Meanwhile, David executes his plan. The police car begins moving with bulletproof vests covering the windows. 

Danny: Well goddamn! Looks like Captain Johns is at it again with the bold plans! The old bastard just keeps finding ways to surprise me!

Elisa: Cut the chatter, Harris! We still have a job to you! 

As the police car moves through the hail fire of bullets, David turns to Elisa and Harris as well as the other police officers. 

David: Let's get these bastards! 

With this opportunity, the police task force begin moving for the entrance to the building. As the firefight continues, a lone Predator observes the firefight with great interest. The Predator then moves inside the building. Inside the building, Blackjack Morrison gathers his gang members. 

Blackjack: Looks like we got ourselves some clever little pigs. That old fuck Johns must be leading the charge! You all know the drill, boys! Take no prisoners!

Suddenly, screams were heard outside the room. The door is blown open as the cloaked Predator begins killing the gangsters. The gangsters begins firing their guns frantically as they are killed one by one.

Blackjack: What the fuck is going on?! 

Meanwhile, the police taskforce moves through the building. 

Elisa: Got a plan, Captain Johns?

David: Blackjack and his gang are holding up in the office room. We better be careful. These bastards are packing heavy gear and they're not afraid to use it. 

Danny: What else is new? 

As they made their way to the door that led to the office room, Blackjack runs out of the room, covered in blood. He fires into the office room while screaming. As he turns to the cops, he aims his machine gun. 

Blackjack: You're not getting me! YOU'RE NOT GETTING ME!

Blackjack fires at David. The shots send him falling to the ground. Elisa manages to shoot Blackjack in the head. After that, she checked on David as he groaned in pain. 

Elisa: Captain! Are you okay?

David: I'm fine, Marza. I'm getting old for this shit. 

Danny and Adeline checked on Blackjack's body. Adeline was quickly suspicious about the circumstances. 

Adeline: Why did he jump at us like that?

Danny: Must've been hopped up at something. You know how much blow these guys have. 

They soon checked the office room. To their shock and horror, they saw skinned bodies hanging from the ceiling. Danny threw up. 

Danny: Fucking Christ! 

Adeline: You think....

David: It's not Blackjack. He may be a scumbag, but he's not that depraved. 

Danny: Maybe it's those winged monsters from the news. You know, Gargoyles?

Upon hearing this, Elisa was quick to shoot down Danny's assumptions discretely. 

Elisa: Can't be. Gargoyles are only active at night. 

Danny: And how would you know that?

Adeline: Actually it's common knowledge if you read about it. Gargoyles turn to stone by day. My Dad used to tell me stories when I was a little girl. 

Danny: Well it seems lately that the city's been turning to a shitshow. 

David: Cut the chatter, Harris. Forensics are gonna wanna set up a crime scene. 

Elisa was shocked at the scene. She had seen some strange things since meeting with Goliath and the Gargoyles, but what she was seeing now was something completely different. Something terrible. 

Elisa: What could've done this?

David: I have no idea. 

Elisa looked around the room. A strange object soon caught her eye. She saw two dart like objects pinned on the wall. The darts were U-shaped projectiles with a weighted tail and two serrated prongs pointing forwards. She puts one of them in her pocket and shows the other one to David. 

Elisa: Look at this. 

Danny: The fuck is that? 

David: Looks like this belongs to our psycho. Good find, Detective Marza. I'll give this for forensics and see what they make of it. 

As the police task force set up a crime scene, the Predator had shed first blood. Little did the detectives know that the Predators hunt for worthy prey had begun.