Chapter Six - Mike Harrigan

It wasn't long before Elisa and David made their way to the apartment where Mike Harrigan lives. What they found was a rundown apartment.

Elisa: This the place?

David: Yeah. Mike will be in Room 15.

Elisa: You've been here before?

David: Once or twice. Like I said, Mike's not a people person. Especially after what happened back in LA.

Elisa then parks her car near the apartment. After that, Elisa and David got out of the car and entered the apartment. They then make their way to Room 15. Once they reached the door to Room 15, David knocks on the door.

David: Harrigan! This is Johns!

As David knocks on the door, there was an uneasy moment of silence. The silence was broken when Mike Harrigan answers the door. He glances over to Elisa.

Harrigan: Who's the girl?

Elisa: My name is Detective Elisa Marza. I'm with the NYPD. We've come here to question you about this. 

Elisa then hands Harrigan the newspaper article talking about a Predator attack at LA in 1997. As Harrigan looks over the article, he falls silent as he glances over to Elisa and gestures her and David to come in. As they walk into the living room, Harrigan questions Elisa. 

Harrigan: What do you want? 

Elisa: Answers. There's....there's something in New York. It's unlike anything we've ever faced before. I think you know what it is. 

Harrigan: It started out with a gang war between the Colombians and the Jamaicans. Next thing you know, bodies were being skinned and hung from the rafters. Then cops started getting killed, including good friends of mine. 

Harrigan then glances over to a photo of him with three other NYPD detectives. 

Harrigan: What you're dealing with is a fucking alien.

David: An alien?

Harrigan: I know it sounds crazy, but it's true. I fought this asshole all across LA. He was one tough motherfucker. 

Elisa: Why is it here? What does it want? 

Harrigan: For sport. They're drawn by heat and conflict. It's on safari right now. Anyone who can put up a good fight is fair game. 

As Harrigan said this, Elisa immediately thought of the Gargoyles. She knew that based on Harrigan's description, the Predator would no doubt try to hunt the Manhattan Clan. 

David: A goddamn alien. Christ. Our killer's a goddamn alien. 

Harrigan: Back at LA, that son of a bitch killed some close friends of mine and made goddamn trophies out of their skulls. 

Elisa: How did you learn all this?

Harrigan: I got involved with some top secret government agency called OWLF headed by a guy named Peter Keyes. They were trying to capture this thing so they learn from it. Let's just say it didn't work out well for them. I fought this thing all across LA. Let me tell you, he didn't pull any punches. He was looking to kill my ass and the feeling was mutual. 

As Harrigan said this, he walked over to a dresser and pulled out an antique Flintlock Pistol with the worlds "Raphael Adolini 1715" inscribed on the pistol. 

Elisa: What is that?

Harrigan: A trophy. When I cornered that asshole, I killed it. Before I could catch my breath, a whole gang of them just...appeared. I thought they were gonna kill me until the leader gave me this thing. Then they just took the body and left on some kind of spaceship. 

Elisa: They didn't try to kill you? 

Harrigan: Yeah. They had me dead to rights. Killing that bastard took everything I had and then I was surrounded. But I guess they took a look at that fight and I earned their respect. 

Upon hearing this, Elisa and David were at a loss of words. Harrigan inspected the pistol given to him by the Predator all those years ago. 

Harrigan: It's funny, it did a little research on this thing. Turns out that this Raphael Adolini was a big time pirate during the Golden Age of Piracy. He disappeared in 1718. Considering I've got one of his pistols from a Predator, guess I know what happened to him. 

David: How do we catch him?

Harrigan: There's no catching him. They don't give you a chance to capture them. They got small nuclear bomb on their wrists. If they get cornered, they'll just prime the bomb and level 300 city blocks. 

Harrigan then proceeds to tell them about the technology the Predator has. From the clocking device to the various weapons at his disposal, Elisa and David learned about the Predator. 

David: Sounds like we got a hell of a hunt ahead of us. 

Elisa: There's just one more thing we need to ask you. How do we kill it?

Harrigan: However you can. If you come face to face with that thing, you better be prepared to take that motherfucker down. Cause he's not gonna show you any mercy. 

Elisa once more thought about Goliath and the rest of the Manhattan Clan. She knew that the Gargoyles would prove more than a match for the Predator.

Elisa: Thank you for you assistance, Lieutenant Harrigan. 

Harrigan: Let me give one piece of advice, Detective Marza. This thing is a hunter. Arguably an honorable one at that. 

With that, Elsa now knew what she and the Gargoyles were up against. As Elisa and David left the apartment to return to the city, Harrigan glances over to the antique pistol he had won from the Predators all those years ago.