Chapter Ten - The Hunt's End

In the dead of night, Goliath prepares himself for battle against the Predator. Knowing the Predator was out there, Goliath was determined to end the Predator's reign of terror once and for all. Heeding the warnings of both Elisa and Hudson, Goliath planned his approach. On this night, the Moon was full and thunder echoed in the sky. Knowing that the Predator was a creature that hunted for sport, Goliath decided to give the Predator incentive to seek him out. 

Goliath: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As Goliath lets out a mighty roar which echoes throughout the city, Goliath issues his challenge to the Predator. Elsewhere, the Predator hears Goliath's battle cry. Unable to resist the urge to hunt this great prey, the Predator readies his weapons and seeks Goliath out. Meanwhile, Goliath waited on top of the Empire State Building. The leader of the Manhattan Clan didn't have to wait long as the Predator revealed himself. As Goliath and the Predator locked eyes, rain began to pour on the city. 

Goliath: Hunter! I am Goliath! Leader of the Manhattan Clan and protector of this city! Your reign of terror has gone on long enough!

The Predator remained silent as he readied his Plasma Castor. The Predator fires a couple of shots at Goliath, but Goliath manages to dodge the plasma shots. Goliath then glides towards the Predator and attacks him with his claws. During the scuffle, Goliath crushes the Plasma Castor and tears it off. The Predator then attacks Goliath with the Smart Disc, slashing Goliath's chest in the process. Goliath howls in pain as he grabs the Predator and body slams him. The Predator then gets back on his feet and throws the Smart Disc. Goliath rolls out of the way and promptly kicks the Predator in the face. The Predator then readies his Combi Stick and thrusts it at Goliath. The two then wrestle for the spear. Goliath gains the upper hand as he wrestles the spear out of the Predator's hand. He then breaks the Combi Stick.

Goliath: I do not fear you, Hunter! 

The two stared each other down as they waited for one to make the next move. Goliath roars as he charges at the Predator and grabs him. He then glides through the air, fighting the Predator at the same time. Eventually, they crash into a construction site. The Predator soon breaks free from Goliath's grip and attacks him with his Wristblades. An intense battle ensued as Goliath and the Predator proved to be evenly matched. Soon enough, the two opponents began to pace around one another. 

Goliath: I am no helpless prey, Hunter! For tonight, you face a Gargoyle! 

The Predator nodded at Goliath as he saw the Gargoyle as a worthy foe. As a sign of respect, the Predator removes his weaponry and discards it. He then takes off his mask, revealing an alien face with hair-like appendages on his head and arthropod-like mandibles as a mouth. 

Goliath: We shall fight as warriors. As equals.

The Predator then lets out a battle roar and prepares a battle stance. Goliath then took a combat stance and then both engaged in one on one combat. Both fought each other relentlessly. As the Predator landed blow after blow, so did Goliath. When the Predator went for a right hook, Goliath dodged the attack and slashes the Predator's forearm. The Predator soon gains the upper hand as he begins to attack Goliath with a series of powerful power strikes. Goliath then roars as he tackles the Predator to the ground. The Predator was able to free himself as he gets behind the Gargoyle and attempts to snap Goliath's neck. Goliath then sinks his teeth into the Predator's arm and destroys the Predator's Wrist Gauntlets.

Predator: RRRRRAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

The Predator then punches Goliath's head repeatedly to get him off. Eventually, Goliath is forced to let go of his grip on the Predator. As the fight dragged on, both Goliath and the Predator began to reach their limit. As they clashed once more, Goliath began to gain the upper hand and press the attack against the Predator. Goliath used his strength and intelligence to outwit and eventually overpower the Predator. Goliath slashes at the Predator, drawing blood, then slashes at him many more. He then impales his arms into the Predator's chest. The Predator howls in pain as Goliath dealt the final blow. As the Predator dies, Goliath collapses on his knees.

Goliath: It's...it's over. It's finally...over. 

Suddenly, Goliath saw three laser dots moving on his body. He looks around to see a group of Predators surrounding him. As they uncloaked one by one, Goliath realized the dangerous position he was in. He fought a hard fought match against one Predator and was now up against a group of them. Even with the odds stacked against him, Goliath showed no fear as he got up.

Goliath: Who's next? 

The Predators remained silent as two of them moved to collect the body of the fallen Predator. As they take their fallen comrade away, Goliath made no attempt to attack them. As they begin to disappear, the Elder Predator looks to Goliath with respect. He then pulls out a one-handed sword with a wide, double-edged and slightly leaf-shaped blade. It has a round cross-guard with a groove in it, and a spherical pommel, both made of a dark gray metal. The Elder Predator then presents the sword to Goliath.

Goliath: The Sword of Beowulf....

Recognizing the sword, he begins to wonder how the Elder Predator got his hands on it. However, it was clear to what this gesture was. The Sword Of Beowulf was a gift. A sign of respect for defeating one of their own.

Elder Predator: Take......it.......

Goliath nods to the Elder Predator with respect as he takes the Sword of Beowulf. The Elder Predator then disappears. A moment later, Goliath hears the loud hum of a ship taking off and sees it fly away. In that moment, the hunt had ended. Goliath had succeeded in defeating the Predator and ending his hunt. With the defeat of the Predator, the hunt was over and all was set right for now. But despite his victory against the Predator, there was still much work to be done, for a Gargoyle's work is never truly over.