The New World

Dew drops fallen onto Adia's face rolling down to her ears making her ticklish,who was laying on the green grass. She tilted her head to the shoulder inorder to let the water out and sat there feeling dizzy. It was like waking up from a long sleep. The scorching rays of the sun was focused on her, which made her blink and hard to open her eyes. Adia held her hand high enough to block the path of the light. She was surprised not to see the scar on her hand which should be there.

She looked around her she was laying under a huge tree, covered with small baby blue coloured flowers. It felt like a strange place. The unfamiliar surrounding, the trees, plants and the emptiness made her scared. "Anybody here?" She shouted into the empty space only to hear the words echoing back to herself.

It was not the first time she felt lost like this. She was lost in herself. It was just a usual day when she took her life. Everytime she was about to give up ,something stopped her. But that day, she really gave up to save her from herself.

Adia stood there barefooted, as she suddenly heard the voice of leaves cracking. She looked here and there, and turned to her left side when she heard the voice again from that side. A girl was standing there looking at Adia, who seemed a little bit older than her like she had more experience. The girl is far enough to not to attack her, Adia thought to herself.

Even from that distance Adia could see how pretty she was. Adia stepped back, scared. "Who are you? Where am i?" Adia shouted her voice cracking in fear. The girl was walking towards her. Apart from being scared, Adia noticed how mesmerizing she was, but that didnt make her less scared. She got closer, smiling to Adia.

Adia took a glance at her, she was a muse. Her long blonde hair was dancing in the breeze which was different from Adia who had short black hair. Her blue boho dress blended with the tree beside them. A white feather was pinned on her hair. But the thing that frightened Adia was the girl's appearance.

"Dont worry, i know you are confused. I am not going to hurt you".
"Why should I believe you?"
"Because if i was to hurt you, i would have done that when you weren't awake". The girl smiled and tucked two strands of hair that was caressing her face behind her ear. Adia noticed a scar on her wrist, a battle scar which was not on Adia's hand right now.

Her smile was warm. Adia thought that she could believe her and didnt know why, but something about her made her feel safe.

"Hi, i am Aida" the girl said shaking Adia's hand. Adia flinched as she heard her name, they sounded similar to her's. Everything seemed so weird. And mostly the way she looked was so similar to her. Even though Aida was beautiful than her, they had similar features. And after hearing her name Adia couldn't stand it anymore. It was like looking at her clone. There were too many questions in her head.

"Where am i?" That was the only thing came out of her mouth.
"It is the new world. We are awaken here after the dream. How did you wake up?"
"Wha...what do you mean?" Adia felt terrifying. Nothing made any sense. Everything was so confusing.
"Oh..no..no..no..this cant be happening". Tears filled her eyes. Before she knew, she collapsed in tears, her body wearing down which made her lean on to the tree beside her. Aida held her from falling.

She gave up, tired of everything. Waking up everyday, only to try to be fine or make others confirm that she is fine. She was tired of trying. And now she stands in a whole new world where a stranger who even look like her is telling that is all was a freacking dream!

They both sat under the tree. "I gave up. I wanted to be asleep forever".
"I know, i know how it feels" Aida replied, patting on the scar on her own wrist as her eyes got teary. The way you feel like  worthless and hopeless, Aida knew how it hurts.

As they both sat there, Adia's whole life flashed before her eyes. The days when she was trying so hard to just be fine. Everyday was like a war. The causes of her bruises was unknown.

She missed the days when her head was not a mess. The time when she was a kid, unbothered about the world. When there were no thoughts haunting her. The days when she ran through the beach chasing the waves, unbothered of the poeple around her. She and the ocean in the world they built for themselves. But as she grew older things changed, others opinion about her became important for her. The changes, always scared her. She was weeping thinking about the path that lead her here.

Aida held her closer to her chest. "Dont cry dear, its okay. Atleast there is nothing to be allright here". Adia wiped her tears, still resting her head on Aida's chest. It was warm. Even though they haven't spoken much, it felt like she came here, just to be with her, in her arms. To rescue her from herself. The words Aida told were lingering on to her. 'There is nothing to be allright' she hoped so. Perhaps, thats what she wanted even though she wasn't really sure.

Neither of them spoke anything. They felt ease with each other. It was like being with themselves. In the silence Adia admired the new world, along with the voice of birds chirping, the wind caressing through the leaves of the trees. She looked straight as the world was laying endlessly. The ground covered with green grass, trees dressed with small flowers, squirrels climbing on the branches, the birds making love, the infinity of the world, all of this was alluring her. It was like a paradise. Like the world she made in her imagination. It seemed beautiful than the earth. 'In a new world' Adia said to herself.