Regret

The path was silent until there was a small noise. Adia was confused when she felt a vibration in her pocket once again. She checked it out and was surprised to see her phone. She checked it once again feeling surreal. Yes!...it is her phone. Her heart skipped a beat as she saw there was a message from kallie.

Then she remembered their fight. Kallie and Adia fought on a Tuesday night when Adia told her that she was being irresponsible. They didn't speak after that which Adia regret now that she didn't think about her parents having a small fight about her father having another relationship. It was hard for Kallie. She cried to her sleep most of the nights hearing her parents fighting downstairs.

Adia pointed out that she was being irresponsible because Kallie was not doing her projects or attending the classes properly and she didn't talk to her parents which Adia told her to because she knows that Kallie's father is a good man as she had a talk with him.

Mr.Doller and Adia had a good bond. Long before they had a talk on a rainy day in his car outside Kallie's house where he said "I like to see Kallie happy and i could see that when she is with you. Please dont break her heart. She had already lost someone she loves. I know you love her, please dont leave her". Adia held his hand in her's firmly and said "I wont". On that day they both sat there in the car for a long time as she stared at the rain drops flowing on the windshield remembering kallie crying holding her brother's photo. That is when Kallie told Adia her story, about her lost brother, about her. From that day onwards there was something magical about them. They fitted together perfectly.

Adia came back to reality while she unlocked her phone and played the voice message -        
"Adi, where the hell are you girl. Its been days. My parents are together now bruh! All of it was a freacking misunderstanding. You remember Mr.Limberwolf? My dad's old buisness partner who betrayed him. It was all him. Looks like he wants us to suffer more. It all started when my mother saw some pictures made by him. Everything is over now. And it is all thanks to you. Drumrolls please".
She announced as she drummed on the desk.
"Yes, Ms.Adia Arionson, it's you! Because of our fight, i talked to them and did a little investigation. You know, i am a really good detective, right".
She cleared her throat like she is about to declare something.
"Ms.Kallen Doller's report clears that Mr.Doller is innocent and Mr.Limberwolf is the one who should be blamed for this occurrence".
The first voice ended with her chuckle.

Adia let out a weak laugh through her tears because of her childishness. The second audio automatically played but this time her voice was calm and there was pain.

"Adi, i am sorry. I dont know how you have been through these days but it was hard for me to not to talk to you especially when there is whole fight going on, but i dont blame you".
"No kallie, i am the one who should be blamed"Adia wispered.
"I was just too scared. I didn't knew what to do. And i am really sorry Adi. Please come back to me. I can't afford to lose you. Even though its hard to understand what is going on in your head, i am trying Adi and i will be there for you no matter what the world tell. I will always stay".
There was a moment of silence and then a song was being played.
It was 'lean on me' by bill withers.
Adia closed her eyes laying her head backwards and started listening to the song.
She sang with it as the chorus came.

"Lean on me
When you are not strong
And I will be your friend
I will help you carry on..."

Adia was crying closing her eyes tightly as all the beautiful memories flashed through her eyes when she and Kallie used to sing this song out loudly until the neighbours yelled at them.

As the song faded slowly, in the end kallie wispered under her breath "I love you, Adi".

Adia was speechless. She felt numb.The words kallie and her father said was roaming around her ears. Their words were lingering onto her. Regret was taking over her every second. Why? Why? was the only thing that came out of her mouth as she hit her head backwards on the tree.

Mr.Doller told her to not to leave kallie and that is exactly what she did. Adia left her and she is regretting it as she counts her mistake, as she is getting to know her faults.

Adia lost kallie, now she cant lose Aida too. She needed to see her, to cry out the tears of regret, to see if she can make some plants grow, to rewrite some mistakes. Eventhough she cant, she wished so.

But how can she find Aida? There were no answers for that. She thought about Aida, the last words she told..."YES! Enjoy the way!"

Adia put her phone back to her pocket. She got up and repeated those words. She wiped away her tears and walked to the opposite direction from where they came. On the way she was thinking about kallie, 'What will she do when she get to know that I left her?' all those thoughts was rushing into her mind which made her more regrettful. She was being weak not because of the walk, because of the thoughts that she is carrying in her head. It was like she was dragging herself to somewhere she hope to make herself feel better.

Adia stopped when she reached at a joint where the path was diverted into two. She felt abandoned once again but she didn't let that pain take over her. "Notice every clue" Adia mumbled as she started pacing around the two paths, bitting her nail.

She felt a water droplet fall on her face which made her look above and it was raining outside. But it wasn't raining that much as the outside in the path as the trees were so thick that the drops couldn't fall inside the path. Some of the birds came inside because of the rain.

Adia walked on to the path on her left side when her eyes caught a white feather that was stucked on to one of the braches. She went near it and picked it up and carrased its vane. "It's Aida's" she smiled happily hoping that she is near.
But instead of running towards her, she walked slowly, admiring the path like Aida said as the rain kept pouring while she kept the feather into her pocket without squeezing it.

.______________________________.

The path lead her to a huge castle. Small creepers grown on its walls with purple flowers with a shade of white bloomed on it making the castle ethereal.

"Hey"Adia knew who it is before she ran to the side where the voice came from. There she was, Aida standing in the rain before two swings that is situated infront of the castle giving a perfect view of the castle. Adia felt angry towards her but she was too happy to see her which made her hug her tightly. Aida hugged her back as Adia kept crying with the rain.

"If you ever get lost dont give up thinking that it is the destiny that you deserve. You never know what you deserve until you deserve better". Adia nodded water dripping from her face as she regret for leaving early.

They released each other after a long embrace and ran towards the castle door.

Adia wiped her tears and took the white feather from her pocket and pinned it on her hair like it was there before. "Oh..how do I look?". Aida asked, mocking her while blinking her eyes and acting shyly. Adia chuckled and gave a sincere smile and said "perfect".