Lost

After a long pause it was Aida who broke the silence. "Why?"she asked to Adia.
"Why what?" Adia asked not understanding what she meant.
"Why did you gave up?". They both looked each other. There was a moment of silence before Adia spoke.
"Well, the world seems to be perfect if i dont exist" she said, faking a smile.

Aida turned her head away from her and smiled. She didnt tell her anything, she just smiled. That thought was in her head too. She thought that the things would be perfect if she doesn't exist. It was absurd, but the moment she realized that it had been too late. Everything is perfectly imperfect, even the world so either is she. 'Eventually, Adia will get to know a lot of things' Aida thought to herself.

Adia noticed her silence. She felt an urge to share her feeling.
"I look at my family without me and realize how perfect they will be without me. I am a burden for them. The disappointing child. I just keep hurting them even if i dont want to. I hurt everyone i love and I hate myself for that". Adia let out a calm sigh. She felt more comfortable with her and moreover she was listening to her.

"Now get up" Aida said to Adia enthusiastically. She had been alone for so long.
"To where?"Adia asked as she got up.
"You will see" Aida replied with a wink and pulled Adia's hand.
"We cant just sit here. You have to get to know here". They both were running , Aida holding her hand and leading their path.

.___________________________.

Adia's eyes glowed looking at the beautiful waterfall with flowers on the bank of it's stream. Her eyes wandered along the flowing water, they just keep flowing unaware of their destiny or how many rocks they will crash on to, they just keep flowing carelessly.

Aida peeped behind Adia for a fraction of a second, who was looking at her reflection in the waterfall. Adia turned back to Aida when her reflection was not seen in the water. 'Maybe, its because she moved swiftly' Adia thought. Adia looked back to her reflection and was shocked to see Aida instead of herself. She rubbed her eyes not understanding what is happening. Adia sighed when she saw her reflection which gave her a relief to what she just saw before. She smacked her head for her foolishness.

Adia walked towards Aida when she called out for her who was standing near a  violet-aqua coloured plant beside the waterfall. As she reached near her Aida instructed her to bend down and open her mouth. She poured a liquid from the cup-shaped leaf of that plant into her mouth. Adia held the leaf in her hand as Aida took her hand from under it. It was sweet not as much as sweet as honey, it felt more like coconut water, so refreshing. She opened her eyes after drinking it and saw Aida who was drinking from other leaves. Adia was craving for more as she started drinking from other leaves like Aida.

They drank from most of the leaves. They both chuckled as the drink was dripping from their chin and spilled on their dress.

The water was cold as they both sat on the edge of the bank emerging their legs in the stream. A comfortable silence took place. The atmosphere was filled with peace, as the voice of waterfall filled in the air. The water was trembling by the movement of their legs.

"What is that drink?" Adia asked, plucking small grasses on the ground.
"I forgot his name" she lied. "An old man who i met here for the first time told me that it forms when the water from the waterfall falls through the rocks which has a navy blue colour and is collected in the leaves of that plant. It can only be seen near the waterfalls". Aida explained to her.
"Its delicious".
"And you know what is interesting"
"What?"
"It tastes like what you want it to be".
Adia was confused for a moment.
"So you are telling me that, your drink was different from mine"Adia said in amusement.
"Yes" Aida replied, smiling at her amusement.
"Wow, i wish if life was like this on the earth". Aida looked at her to explain more about what she meant.
"It will be nice if life happened as what we want it to be. Like what one wishes life to be". Aida was giving a friendly smirk thinking about what she said. Adia felt like she was making Aida bour of her craziness.
"It's pathetic. I am sorry for being bouring".
"It isn't pathetic. Your thoughts are kind of interesting. And you are not bouring! Actually your friends are lucky".
" I do have friends. There are precious ones and some bodies that i socialize with. But i dont think my friends are lucky".
"Who is this unlucky friend that you are talking about?"
"Kallen, kallei"
"I dont see why she is unlucky".
"She loves me a lot but i dont think that i gave her what she deserves. It makes me weak that how much she loves me. I do love her but i dont know how to show it. I am not good enough for her. Hence i think she is unlucky" Adia crossed her arm on her chest as if she gave her the satisfying answer.
"Why dont you think that you are lucky to have her?"
"I dont deserve her".
"Its because you accepted that this is what you deserve. Maybe you do deserve her or maybe by luck she came into your life. Rather than showing what you cant, even if you feel that, try to embrace what she shows".
"And by the way, life would be pathetic if we got everything we want, won't it"
Adia stared at her for long, not knowing what to tell.

As neither of them spoke Adia's mind wandered to Kallie, she is like the healer. Eveything melts with her warm hugs. Kallie and Adia made the best memories. They laughed at their dumb jokes. The more lately they slept during sleepovers the more they get to know about each other. She was lucky to have her. For a moment Adia thought about what she had done. A small amount of regret taking her. But all of it was just a dream now.

Adia turned away, not wanting Aida to see her teary eyes.

"Who was your friend when you came here?" Adia asked changing the topic.
"The old man that i told you before"
"Where is he now?"
"He moved to the other side where he always belonged. He needed to indroduce me to this new world. He taught me most of the things. After i learned, he left to the other side".
"Will you leave me too?" There was fear in Adia's voice. She was scared. She needed Aida. She didnt wanted to be alone in this world.

Aida felt the same. After so long, she got someone, who now means something to her. Neither of them wanted to let go of each other.

Aida didnt tell her anything she smiled, hiding  her pain and stood up giving a hand to Adia to get up.

.____________________________.

Adia walked holding Aida's hand into a path where the end was unclear. But it didn't matter because at that moment she was mesmerized by the beauty of the path she was walking in. There was an arch made by the trees above the path. Sunlight is peeking through the holes that are uncovered by the leaves. The path was covered with tiny yellow flowers with a light shade of white that falled from the tree above them. She was unbothered about the destiny. The way she walks through the path makes her destiny.

Aida left Adia's hand. They both were walking side by side, their shoulders rubbing each other slightly. Aida carresed her hand through the side of the arch of the trees beside them. One of the flowers falled into her hand. She patted on the petals and turned to Adia. "Sometimes we need to enjoy the path we walk, without rushing. And sometimes, on the way, we need to stop and notice every clues that the path give us to reach the destination". Adia listened every word she said without giving her a reply.

Adia was melted by the beauty of the path. She turned away from Aida and looked around. She stood there admiring the beauty for a little while. She turned back and called Aida to show her a small bird that was flying around. No one replied as she yelled her name, turning side to side. Aida wasnt there.

Adia started to panick, she ran through the path without knowing what to do. She felt completely lost. 'what if Aida left me? What if it all was a dream again?' Adia thought, making her crazy. It was like losing herself which happens most of the time but also the thing that she hated the most. She sat at a corner hugging her knees towards her chest and burried her face like a lost child.
She then wispered the two lines that she wrote in her book -

               'Lost all alone,
                  not knowing which way                                                
               Here comes hope in the mirror,
                  and slowly fades away'