Devil's heart

PROHIBITED AREA

Aida let out a huge sigh as she earned a are-you-serious look from Adia. Aida ignored her and walked past the board sign which is located in front of a huge cave fully covered with snow that only the front evelation is only visible which only consists of a half rounded wood door. It seemed to be old and dusty like it hadn't been used for years. The cave was large enough to hide our view of the backside that it was hard to understand its size.

Adia stepped towards Aida who was yelling someone's name while Adia examined the cave as she noticed that something was written above the door. "Devil's heart".

"Really? Devil's heart?" She snorted "Do they have one?" Adia questioned.
Aida stopped her yelling and turned to Adia.
"Of course, they do" she replied as if it was the most certain thing she have ever known.
Adia's eyes drifted from Aida to the door as she heard the loud noise of the door being open.

On the doorway there stood a giant man in his 50's with a large beard, long hair and his belly popped outside the oversized clothes. For a minute adia confirmed that this was the devil.

His eyes which looked like he just finished hyberanation lit up at the sight of Aida.

"Patricx" Aida repeated the name she was yelling as she waved her hand. He glew up with a smile and rushed towards Aida and hugged her.

Maybe the devil do have a heart.

Aida was lifted from the ground by the giant man patricx to his length as her legs waved around. Anyway Aida was hugging him back gladly as a smile attached to her face. Adia stood there her eyes fixed on these two ecstatic people.

Finally their affection came into a rest.

"Patricx, this is Adia" she pointed at her as patricx realised her presence.
"Hey there, young lady" he greeted her not surprised by their familiar appearance.
"Is it.." patricx asked Aida as she abruptly cut him off by pushing the two of them inside the cave.

Inside it wasn't something Adia expected, everything was well placed. There was only one room with three cozy couches one was large enough to fit patricx around a small coffee table facing the wood fire. There was a kitchen on the left side of the room. There were famous paintings on the walls from Earth such as the monalisa and the starry night. The lights are warm but bright enough to see everything clearly in the room. But as she peeped more into the depth of the cave she was astonished by what she saw.

There were every gadgets from typewriters to MacBooks. Now Adia understood why they are here but she still wasn't aware of the connection between Aida and Patricx. As Aida looked further it was not only devices there were every equipments that there are ever found in Earth like musical instruments and weapons, every new inventions. Everything were arranged in different sections accordingly. The cave was admirable but what's more impressive is what this place is made for.

"You kids have got a unique fashion style to roam around the snow, i see" Patricx commented looking at their outfits. It's only then they realised that they both were still in the dress they wore from the castle with the winter coat and the boots. "It is from the.." Adia blurred out of embarrassment looking at herself on the other hand Aida was busy with the CD ignoring Patricx's comment.
"West castle" Patricx finished the sentence for her. "Dont be shy, you girls are beautiful" he complimented singing the beautiful and turned around towards Aida.

"Aida, where have you been?" Patrics asked his voice full of concern.
"I hope you have found everything" he said.
Aida nodded in response.

Adia was intrigued by their conversation but she had no idea what they were talking about rather she was more focused on the place as she wandered through the cave until she reached the musical section.

Her eyes caught on an old fortepiano in the corner of the room. There was a board clipped on the wall written 18th century on it. The place where the piano is kept was raised a like a platform making the paino eye catching.

She stepped towards it and sat on the stool placed in front of the piano. It had been really long scince she had played piano.

Her fingers graced through the piano as a warm sensation felt on her finger tips rather than the suffocating feeling she had felt before.

She started playing the piano letting herself carried away while her fingers moved from keys to keys as she realised how much she had missed playing piano.

She closed her eyes as the nightmare slowly faded away as all the beautiful memories happened in her life came into her mind.

A small smile made it's way on the corner of her lips as she remembered the first day she met Kallie, one of the good things that music brought into her life

She was playing piano in the musical class room in their school. Adia saw a girl with long brown hair and big eyes peeping inside the room through the door her hair falling through her shoulder. She didn't shy away from her rather she came towards Adia and smiled widely showing her whole teeth. "Hi, i got you a flower" the girl said and showed a sunflower from behind her. "I don't know which is your favourite flower so i brought my favourite flower" she said enthusiastically. "Daisy" Adia said even surprising herself. "My favourite flower is daisy" Adia replied politely. "Oh okay, mine are these, i think they represent me" she said casually looking at the sunflowers that she was still holding in her hand towards Adia.

"Well, i heard you play the piano and it it was so good but nobody was listening to it so i felt bad that's why i brought you this" she gave the flower to Adia. "Thank you" Adia said whole heartedly admiring the flower. The sunflowers do represent her cheerful atmosphere and Adia was really happy that she shared something of her with her. It's not everyday someone cheerful would gave her flower and be interested in her.

"By the way, I am kallen"
"Adia"
They both flinched as they heard someone shouting from the hallway.
"Oh my god, i really have to go" she hurried.
"Wait" Adia said she didn't wanted her to leave.
"Hide that flower in your bag, okay?"
"Wait where are you going?" Adia asked confused at her sudden panick.
"Do as i say, it was really nice meeting you. I will definitely see you soon" she reached out to the doorknob.
"Bye Adi, keep playing the piano" she yelled before bustling through the door.
Adia sighed and kept the flower into her bag gently not to squeezing it as she wondered why she told her to do so.

Suddenly the door opened once again this time it was Ms.Philips breathing heavily like she had ran a marathon. "Hey Adia, have you seen a long brown haired girl with a flower running around" she asked as she tried to pick up her breath.
"No Ms.Philips, i didn't see any girl with flowers on this floor" Adia lied as she understood her intentions with kallen is not going to be good.
"That girl always plucking flowers from school garden" she mumbled under her breath while leaving.

Music was her home that she left behind and which she regret now. It was the one thing which understands her and the one who never let her go. she started thinking that sometimes the people who broke you shows the way to cure you. And in her case it was music which holds her when she is unsteady. It is now that she realises her loss as the melodies turns all the broken pieces into masterpiece.

Adia's fingers and thoughts stopped as she heard someone entering the room. She turned around and saw Patricx smiling. "That was beautiful, little one" he said with his usual wholesome smile as the wrinkles around his eyes folded more.
"Thank you" Adia returned him a scincere smile and nodded thankfully getting up from the stool.

"Come" he gestured with his hands as Adia followed him to the living room.
"You should see this" Patricx said to Adia as he pointed to the laptop which Aida was holding sitting on the large couch.

She kept it on the coffee table and turned it towards Adia as they both were sitting on the couch, Patricx standing behind them.

She pressed the space button to start the vedio.

Her eyes were fixed on the screen, as both her elbows were pressed on her trembling knees as the vedio started playing.

.___________________________.