The Nightmare Haunts

WARNING: Includes a small part of sexual abuse.

They both sat in the library for some more time while reading some books. Aida was reading Adia's book. Adia let her read her book after a few arguments and chasings eventhough she was so much insecure about it.

After they left the library Aida went to the wardrobe while Adia waited for her downstairs. Aida walked downstairs with two long casual winter coats one in grey and the other one in black colour. She was also holding Adia's book in her other hand.
"Let's go to the frontyard" Aida said placing the two winter coats comfortably in her arms as she held her arm in a right angle.
"What's with these winter coats?" Adia asked confused, it was neither cold nor hot, the weather was fine.
"You will need them later" Aida said and headed to the swings, leaving Adia confused.
"She's weird" Adia said to herself letting out a long sigh and walked behind her.
"And so are you" Aida said loud enough for Adia to hear.
"You heard that!"

.___________________________.

Adia and Aida were sitting on the swings in the frontyard staring at the castle.

"Have you ever kissed someone?" Aida asked out of nowhere like she was dreaming about her prince this whole time. Adia looked at her innocently making a puppy face.
"Oh girl, that's dissapointing" Adia giggled at what she said.
"Who is your first kiss?" Adia asked curiously leaning on the rope of the swing towards Aida's side. Adia noticed her smile dissapearing. Aida hesitated for a moment and answered clearing her throat "Uhmm.....he was my....He was my uncle" she said gathering all the courage she had. She stared at the castle absent-mindedly. Thinking about that incident made her wanting to scream.

Adia didn't expect that answer from her. What more shocked her was that she had been through it too. She didn't knew what was happening. A person who look like her has even gone through a heart-wrenching occurance that she had gone through. She was bereft of speech. She knew how it felt to be betrayed by someone whom you trusted blindly and couldn't even imagine anyone being that hurt.

Adia stared at Aida as that nightmare was all she could think about and the one thing she hated to think about. At this moment she let the nightmare haunt her.

Adia always liked her uncle Mr.Lucas Arionson as he always played with her. They both sang songs and played piano as Adia always loves music. Her uncle taught her the song River flows in you which they usually played in the nights together, while all of her family members gather around them. It was such an admirable scenery to watch Adia smiling proudly as they appluaded her. Her grandparents would kiss her and all her cousins. It was such a beautiful memory to be remembered.

It was all fun until one day when she grow up everything turned upside-down. That was the day when she felt like growing up was a trap.

Everyone was taking an afternoon nap. She went upstairs to her uncle's room as they decided to learn the clair de lune. He sat beside her playing the piano with her hand as he explained about the melody. He was leaning towards her sniffing her hair like a dog but Adia didn't notice as she was immersed in the movements of her hands dancing on the keyboard. His hand rushed through her arms to her neck making the music stop as silence took over the room. She flinched and got up when she saw his face on the crook of her neck. "Dont be afraid, Adi" there was something frightening when he said her name. The words were holding something scary in it. She didn't felt the care in his words like it used to be when he said her name.

He forced her to sit on his lap by pulling her hand which made her land on his legs needless to say she was small in his lap her head was till his chest and her legs didn't reach the floor. She tried to get up but he was stronger. The embrace in which she felt safe was turning into a nightmare.He smiled and put his index finger on her lips instructing her to be quite as she tried to free herself but stopped when she felt a hand on her belly. She was dumbfounded, shocked to even react. His hand went above abruptly. She closed her eyes so tightly holding her breath wishing that death would save her from this nightmare that was happening. His hands were moving inside her shirt. Everything he was doing was hurting her both physically and mentally. He touched all the places he shouldn't on his niece, enjoying it. She just sat there numb, craving for it to end, praying intensely to the god but no one came to rescue her. Eventually his hands stopped after hurting her like hell.

He picked up her from his lap and placed her on the floor. "Dont tell anyone...okay.?" That was the last thing he said after completing his needs. He kissed on her forehead and patted on her back indicating her to leave.

She ran downstairs into a room and shut the door and went in to the bathroom. Nobody saw her as everyone was asleep. She sat under the shower as the water intertwined with her tears. She screamed in silence pulling her hair upwards tightly as she realised how a human can turn into a monster. Humans or monsters, she found no difference. People break the heart who trust them. Poeple hurts them. But little do they know how afraid they can be to trust anyone anymore.

Adia shut her eyes tightly hoping the feeling of his hand hurting all around her would stop. The suffocating feeling of being squeazed under his strong hands was haunting her.

Days passed and he was acting normal around everone as if nothing had ever happened which shocked Adia and broke her more. How can someone change so rapidly, it was unbelievable for Adia. 'Doesn't he feel guilty' Adia thought. No one know how evil he can be. A gentleman around everyone, a caring husband, a well-being son, a supportive brother for his siblings. He was entitled as a good man. And he was in Adia's eyes too until the day she saw his another side.

Adia didn't tell anyone, she doesn't even know if anyone would believe her. She was too scared and didnt wanted to hurt anyone and she didn't know what will happen when others find out about it. Whatever it will be she didn't want it to happen. A part of her was still wishing that if she woke up and find out that all of this was a dream. She still wanted back her lovable uncle who read books to her in the nights and would hold her until she fell asleep.

'When did everything change? Why did he change? Was it because i just got older and the changes that caused in me because of puberty.

He didn't stole my first kiss! Why though? After hurting everything in me he didn't do that. Sometimes they just leave somethig so that you can suffer more' these were the thoughts that was roaming around her head all the time.

There were no sonato in the nights as Adia come up with random excuses. She was scared of him and didn't wanted to be near him.

Despite of what happened she still loved music but she couldn't bring herself to play piano because it reminds her of the nightmare. Everytime time she tried to play something the ill feeling of his hand suffocating her would haunt her.

Playing piano has always been a safe place for her but the one who showed her the safe place itself made it miserable.

Adia was afraid to trust anyone anymore she didn't wanted to be hurt again until she met Kallie and Aida.

.__________________________.

The nightmare faded away as she heard Aida sniffing. She didn't knew what to tell her because no words can change what had happened. It hurts so bad.

Adia took her hand in both of her's and held it tightly like she would never let her go. Their faces where near. Aida held her head down her hair hiding her wet face. Adia felt like she was looking at her reflection again eventhough they were slightly different. She was getting used to it. It didn't bother her at all anymore. She totally forgot that until her face was this near.

They both rested their forehead at each other's like all they have is each other. They both looked down at their hands which is holding each other's as tears falled on them. Staying still like that in the silence they both found peace within each other like we feel in our solitariness and she was in it; with herself.

'Atleast there's someone who knows and understands it' they both thought as the serenity in them got deeper.

._________________________.