Chapter 39

"Forgotten past is never really forgotten. Someday, all will be revealed."
________

V was back at the matchmaking shop, listening to Bom telling him her childhood stories. She told him how her mother passed away due to illness, how she met a boy but he got sent to an orphanage and how she changed her mother's flower shop into a matchmaking shop. V, who was amused, said,

"Wow! I didn't know! No wonder there are so many flowers in your shop!"

Bom just forced a smile. She had purposely mentioned how she met a boy but didn't mention his name. She wanted to see if V was the boy she had met. If she remembered the incident, he would as well. However, it seemed like his name was just the same as the boy she had met and all was a coincidence. She dismissed her suspicions. Until, V received a call.

"Yes, father?"

V answered, his face showing his resentment towards his father.

"I'm not going!"

He roared. However, unlike his initial response, soon, his father had convinced him and he spent the next 10 minutes talking to Bom, waiting for his father to pick him up. However, V suddenly needed to go to the restroom and coincidentally, while he was gone, his father had arrived. As well as his mother. Storming into the shop whilst making a scene, his father yelled,

"No, we're not telling him he's adopted! This would drive him further away from wanting to inherit the company!"

Adopted? Who is this man and what is he talking about? Why is he in my shop? Bom thought, confused because she did not know the man was V's father. So, she continued acting as if she wasn't eavesdropping on their conversation.

"Maybe Taehyung would be grateful that we adopted him when he was abandoned and inherit the company!"

The lady exclaimed and the man just shot her a glare.

"Do you really think he would? Also, don't call him Taehyung! He's V. I named him that and he liked the name!"

Bom's heart dropped as she grew pale. V? This was his father? He was adopted because he was abandoned?  Bom thought. Although she was
convinced just now that V was not the Taehyung she had met when she was younger, his parents were really proving otherwise. 

"Mom had left him outside an orphanage. People might have thought he was abandoned. The story his parents are telling is matching up with the Taehyung I met!"

She muttered to herself. She felt her eyes well up in tears as she had an epiphany. He was the Taehyung she had met at 7. But, he acted like he wasn't although she told him what happened. Why did he lie?