Gone- Olivia Broadfield

I wake up, and I'm not exactly sure when, but Adam and Joseph are gone, Kyle is still snoring and Rosie has her mouth open and she's drooling.

I slightly tap her and she murmurs something about not being ready to wake up. I then kick Kyle in the legs and he punches me in the arm.

"Ow!" I yell and both their eyes burst open.

"Hope, what's wrong, what happened? Girl stuff?" Kyle yells and I look at him.

"You just punched me jerk!" I say angrily and he looks down at his fist is still clenched.

"Oh, sorry. I dreamed I was a boxer." He says sheepishly and I start whacking him with my pillow, Rosie joining in.

Once we're satisfied I head to my bathroom to brush my teeth and hair and wash my face. By the time I'm done with my makeup my siblings have left, so I go to my closet to get dressed and put on an olive dress and I white button up sweater, and I roll the sleeves up twice. I slip on my black strappy sandals and head to the greenhouse to get herbs.

I feel better today, perhaps it's because I met Alex, and so that initial worry is gone. I want to spend as much time as I possibly can with my family the next to weeks. As I come back to the house I smell omelets and some sort of spice that I can't place.

Joseph looks at me, and I can tell her feels really badly about this whole situation.

Reading his thoughts I put my hand in his arm. "It's my decision, it's not your fault." He nods and kisses my forehead.

"I'm just sorry." He says and hands me a cup of blueberries. As everyone trickles in they all look at me apologetically. After half of the meal, and complete silence I drop my fork on my plate.

"Guys, it's not as if I'm going off to war. You're still going to see me, and I'm still going to come home." My dad and mom glance at each other worriedly.

"Well Sage, that's part of the deal. You have to stay there." Joseph says quietly.

"So I'll never be able to see you guys again?" I ask jokingly and their worried gaze meets mine.

"Pretty much." My dad says and I hear my mom sniffle.

Wow, I'll never see my family again.

"Well when is this stupid wedding anyway?" I ask.

"One month after your engagement." Adam says. I thank him for listening yesterday.

"Well, one month, that's plenty of time. And this ball is in one week, we're going to have such a great time. It's going to be so much fun!" As I'm saying this I feel tears forming in my eyes I excuse myself, running to my room, smiling through my tears at the maids as I go.
I hear a knock on my door.

"Just a second." I say and try to blow my nose clear so I won't be sniffling. My makeup still looks fine but my face is a little red.

I walk over and open my door and it's Rosie. She pulls me into a hug and I just lean in, inhaling her scent, trying to make it permanent in my senses.

"We're going to have a great day today! We're going to go to the tailor and get our dresses made, and then we'll go to Panera and get your favorite grilled cheese and then we'll have a spa day on Friday right before the ball. All will be fantastic!" She says with a smile and I nod.
"Let's go." I say with a smile and we walk hand and hand to our car, driven by a nice man named James.

"Good morning James, how are you today?" Rosie asks and James smiles at us.

"Well, I'm doing peachy this morning, and yourself Princess?" He asks in an thick Irish accent.