Welcome Home, Son- Radical Face

The car pulls up and I gasp at the palace.  "This is gorgeous!" I exclaim and Alex takes my hand.

"It's all for you my princess." He says and kisses each of my fingers.  I step out of the car abs stare up at it. 

"You wanna go explore?" He says smiling nod my head.  We walk up the steps and a guard let's us in.  We enter in to grand foyay covered in marble and antique wood.  The palace is brand new, but it looks so old, I love it.  I turn around and Alex smiles at me.

"You know, I haven't been here since they painted it and moved all the furniture.  Do you like it?" He asks nervously and I jump into his arms, my squeals echoing in the hall.

When he sets me down I walk farther down the hallways and see two grand stare cases, one on my right and the other on my left, leading towards different hallways upstairs.  I'm going to leave the upstairs until I've explored all of the downstairs.  I keep walking straight and find myself in a massive hallway with dozens of doors. 

"We're gonna need a map." I say teasing and Alex laughs.  I open one of the doors and it leads down a smaller hallway.  I leave the door open so when I come back I know which one I went down.  I go down the hallway and find a massive kitchen, filled with staff.

They all stop what they're doing and bow to me.  "Hi, I'm Sage!" I say excitedly and they all smile.  The head chef introduces himself as Chef Jean and I make a mental note to come back down and learn everyone else's names. 

I exit the kitchen and turn the other way and find a beautiful dining room, covered in gold and art and a beautiful sparkling chandelier.  Alex wraps his arms around my waist and I turn around and kiss him.  I could spend months exploring every room. 

I break the kiss and run down back to the main hallway and open another door, to a smaller hallway.  I walk down it and find a ginormous library.  It was three stories with dome ceilings and golden ladders and murals and all the books nearly take my breathe away.

"This is the prettiest library I've ever seen!" I say and gasp running up the one of the shelves. 

"All the books are in alphabetical order by genres.  The first level is nonfiction, the second floor is fiction, and the third floor is autobiographies.  We ended up having so many we just separated them, and there are still plenty of empty shelves for you to fill." He says poking my stomach, teasing me.

"I'm never going to be able to read all of these!" I exclaim and run my fingers along the beautiful books.

When I've marveled enough we return to the main hallway and open another door leading us to a huge greenhouse.  I take in all the smells and feel instantly relaxed. 

I look in the corner and see a sort of shed.  "What's this?" I ask and run towards it.  When I get closer I notice that it's more of a pergola, rather than a shed, and it's separated from the rest of the flowers.  I hear water trickling and look over across the way to see a waterfall.  As I step towards the pergola I smell basil and cilantro.

"Is this an herb garden?" I ask, tears in my eyes.

"Yes, and everything that you requested on your list should be here." He says and pulls my list from months ago out of his pocket.

"You kept this?" I ask, the tears flowing faster.  He nods.

"Oh course.  When I'd thought I'd lost you it was the closest thing I had to you.  I'd never get rid of this." He says and snatches it out of my hands and places it back in his pocket.

I look through all the aisles of flowers and trees and plants and see an exit outside.  For now I decide to stay inside, saving the outside for a full day.