Never Say Never- The Fray

The next couple days are so hectic, but I try not to dwell on my sadness. Yes, I did it. But if I'm being honest, I'm not even upset the fact that he's dead.  I'm just upset I was the one who did it.

Since that night Alex hasn't left my side.  We still have a lot of issues, but I think he understands that I'll break down if I'm alone. 

The coronation is tomorrow, and we're sitting here together, eating dinner.  My family came the day after, and it's been amazing having them here.

Kyle hasn't said anything to anyone about what happened.  Only the three of us know, and honestly I'm thankful.

We say goodnight and Alex and I head to our room, yes I caved, and I get in the shower.

"So do you think this is like a wedding, where we're not allowed to see each other before the ceremony?" He asks, putting his hands on my shoulders and watching me brush my hair in the mirror.

I look up at him.  "I don't think so.  I think it will be fine." I say and he smiles.  When I'm done I slide into bed and put my hands on my stomach.  He does the same.

We sit in an uncomfortable silence for way too long and then he finally breaks it. "Sage, I'm so sorry."

"For what?" I ask.  I find it ridiculous he's apologizing when I literally just killed his father.

"For neglecting you." He turns to face me.

""You were busy, I shouldn't have been so sensitive." I say, turning over to face him.

"No, you weren't being sensitive.  I was a jerk." He says and he takes my hands in his.

"Can we just forget about the last month?" I ask and he nods.

"So, how do you like this new palace I built for you Princess?  It might take us a while to get used to it, seeing as we moved in last night." He says, making me smile.

"I love it." I say and look into his bright blue eyes.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too." He leans in to kiss me and I let him.  I close my eyes and when I open them I see him.  Not anyone else.  I relax and melt into the kiss and he places his hand gently on my waist.

He breaks the kiss.  "You know, today is the last day I'm going to be able to call you Princess." He says and I smile.

"You'll be a king tomorrow." I say softly and he nods.

"And you'll be my queen."  I smile and kiss him again, wrapping my legs his and pulling him closer.

"Do you think I'll be a good queen?" I ask honestly.  What if I fail?  What if people hate me?  What if anyone finds out I killed someone. 

"You are going to be the best queen ever.  You know how I know?" He asks and I shake my head.

"Because you are kind." He kisses my lips.  "Gentle." He kisses my jaw.  "Polite." He kisses my cheek.  "Generous." He kisses my nose.  "Smart." He kisses my temple.  "Amazing." He kisses my other temple.  "And lovely." And he returns to my mouth. 

"Well you're going to make a great king." I say and he frowns.

"Oh I'm not so sure about that."

"Why?" I ask.

"Well, I'm not the nicest, or most patient, or even the most generous person." I shake my head.

"That's not true.  You can be so sweet when you want to be.  You are romantic and selfless and kind.  You were patient with me when I was going through everything this past year.  Hell, you're still patient with me.  And you are the most generous person I've ever met." I say and lean back up to kiss him.