Don't Worry About Me- Frances

It's been about a month since our first date.

Alex is back in Grandire attending some business for the week and I admit that I miss him.

It was nice having him here with me, being nice and charming.

Today I go to town by myself, Rosie can't go to the soup kitchen with me today, so it's just me.

I missed coming, and I missed all my friends that I volunteer with.

The first thing I do when I get there is give everyone personal wedding invitations, and I make a note to give Margie's to her on the way home.

Everyone is so excited about the wedding, only nine months away. I look down at my ring and smile. I don't love Alex, but at least we're getting along.

Possibly in enough time we can grow to love each other.

After we finish off I hang my apron on the rack and grab my phone and keys.

I head out back where my bike is, and lock the door after me.

I go to put my things in my basket when I drop my keys.

Idiot.

I bend down to pick them up and hear someone rush you behind me.

I go to turn around and feel a damp clothe pressed to my mouth and I start to feel very dizzy.

I scream and try to kick my attacker, but I seem to have lost control of my limbs. The next thing I see is black.

Alexander

Meeting meeting fucking meetings.

I've been here for three days and am already feeling my sanity slip away.

I miss Sage. I miss seeing her in the morning, and smelling her hair when we lay together, and I miss the way she laughs.

And it's been three days.

I'm supposed to stay here for another four but I can barely handle it.

My father is a pompous asshole and I miss Sage's family.

I then get a tap on my shoulder from the butler and almost thank God I'm getting out of this meeting for a couple minutes.

"You have a phone call, your highness." I nod and step out of the room, him handing me the phone.

"Alexander." I say into the phone.

"Alex, is she with you?" I hear the smile is Rose's voice over the phone.

"Is who with me Rose?" I ask with a smile back, as I can hear the teasing tone in her voice.

"Sage dummy, what time did she get there?" Rose asks and I'm confused.

"What do you mean? Sage isn't here." I say slowly.

"Yeah she is, she texted me last night saying she missed you and was going to go be with you until you could come back home." She says and my heart swells at Rose saying that their house is my home."

"Rose, Sage isn't here." I say and my heart thuds in my chest.

"Oh my god! I wonder if she got into an accident?" My stomach drops and I feel like I'm going to throw up.

"Rose, check if there have been any accidents on the highway that connect Scandonia and Grandire. I'm gonna call her. I'll call you right back."

I dial Sage's phone number and it goes straight to voicemail.

Shit.

I call Rose back.

"It went straight to voicemail." I say and taste blood.