Turn To Stone- Igrid Michealson

There's only one month until the wedding and it's been absolutely crazy in the castle. As the wedding gets closer and closer more press tries to get interviews with me and Alex. Daddy finally caved and said yes to one, so now that's how Alex and I have to spend our afternoon.

It's been really warm the past couple weeks, and I'm confident winter is behind us. I'm hoping the flowers are out in time for the wedding, as it's still a month away. I know it's possible, because the trees have started to blossom, and Scandonia is slowly starting to look green again.

I put on a green and white checkered skirt that hugs my legs and a big bulky white sweater and pin pieces of my curls from around my face back. I look over and Alex is buttoning his shirt and I smile. Damn. He's good looking.

Like sometimes I forget, and then I look at him and am like... Wow. He's mine.

He grins at me as he finishes buttoning his shirt and looks at me. I slide on my black boots and walk over to him and wrap my arms around him as he puts his watch on.

"Hi lovebug." He says and taps my head with his elbow. I smile up at him and he kisses my nose.

We walk hand in hand down to the parlor where the reporter is waiting and she stands up to greet us.

"So I'm going to start, so everything said now will be on the record." She says and we both nod.

"So how long were you guys together before you got engaged? It was a bit of a secret to everyone." She says and I look up at him. We had discussed how we were going to be completely honest with everyone.

"Well, it's actually kind of cute, our parents arranged this marriage, two weeks before we got engaged." Alex explains.

"But then my brother passed, and he took me back to Grandire. I hated him for months, even went so far as to jump out of my room." The reporters eyes widened. I laugh. "I'm not crazy I promise. But then he followed me home and we fell in love for real." Alex kisses my hand and the reporter writes everything down smiling.

"Do you think that the reason why you got so close was because of The Prince's death?" The reporter asks and my head starts to pound. Alex just squeezes my hand.

"No, I honestly don't. Even if we had gotten married right away, I think we still would have ended up falling in love. I think we were made for each other." Alex says smiling down at me.

"You too are just adorable." The reporter gushes and turns back to her notebook.

"So Princess, are you excited to get married in your childhood home?" She asks and I beam.

"Yes, in very excited. I don't feel like there is any other place where this could happen. My family has been the most important thing to me since before I could even walk, and it's seems only fitting it's here." I say and she writes all of this down.

"Prince Alexander? Is it strange spending most of your time here, rather than Grandire?" She asks him and he smiles, leaning his arm around me.

"It is strange, I must confess I do miss home a lot, but right after the wedding we will be moving there, into our own castle, near where it is now. I miss my people a lot. But, it's nice to relax here with my Princess for a while." He says and when he says princess he winks at me.

"Well Princess, are you nervous about moving away from Scandonia?" She asks.

I nod. "It's not so much nervousness as it is saying goodbye to a friend. Obviously I'm still part of the royal family here and will visit very frequently, but I am going to miss home. But with time, Grandire will be my new home." I say smiling. In reality I can't wait to live with Alex and not worry about my brothers walking in on us or having to sneak him into my room.