Ch 13 Section 2

Back in the room, Sam, now alive from Angel's deal, was standing in front of a mirror. He examined his back, wincing, with a look of pain. There was a scar from where the knife was stabbed into his spine but other than that the wound was no longer fatal. Quietly Dean and Angel came through the door and entered the room. They both stopped in shock when they saw Sam up, walking around and alive.

"Sammy?"

Tears flowed down Angel's face once again as she actually came to grips with the fact that the deal worked, "Thank god."

He looked over to them with a small smile, "Hey." Instantly the two of them pull Sam into a tight sibling group hug, "Ow." Sam grimaced, "Uh, guys..."

Releasing him, Dean scoffed lightly, "Sorry, man. It's just..." He motioned between him and Angel, "We're just happy to see you up and around, that's all."

Sam nodded, looking between them puzzled.

"Come on, sit down, little brother." Angel helped him over to a chair, "Before you stroke out or something."

"Okay." He obeyed, then looked at them curiously, "Uh... what happened to me?"

"Well..." Angel, earning a quiet glare from Dean, shifted, "What do you remember?"

"I- I saw you two and Bobby, and... I felt this pain. This sharp pain, like... white-hot, you know? Then you guys started running at me, and... that's about it."

"Yeah..." Dean nodded, explaining, "That- that kid stabbed you in the back. You lost a lot of blood, you know... It was pretty touch and go for awhile."

"But- but..." His brows furrowed from him to Angel, "You can't- you can't patch up a wound that bad."

"No." Angel interjected quickly, "Bobby could." She offered a hollow smile, "Who was that kid, anyway?"

"His name's Jake." Sam's eyes flashed up to them, "Did you get him?"

"No, uh, he disappeared into the woods."

"We got to find him, and I swear I'm gonna tear that son of a bitch apart."

Sam stood up with the two of them following suit.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Dean stopped, "Easy, Van Damme. You just woke up, alright?"

"We don't have time to-"

"Listen, Sammy, just- just give your body a little time okay?" Angel instructed grabbing onto his arm, "Let's get you something to eat. Huh? You gotta be starving?" Sam nodded a little, "Good, I know Dean is." Dean shrugged, and Angel led them out, "Come on."

Later on...

Dean and Sam sat at the table, eating. Angel studied Sam as he explained what happened while he was gone.

"And that's when you guys showed up."

"That's awful." Dean frowned, "Poor Andy."

"The demon said he only wanted one of us to walk out alive."

Angel raised a brow, "He told you that?"

"Yep." Sam scoffed, "He appeared in a dream."

"He tell you anything else?"

"No." Sam shook his head, effectively putting his Winchester mask in place, "That was it. Nothing else. You know, what I don't get? If the demon only wanted one of us, then how did Jake and I both get away?"