Ch 13 Section 3

Ellen and Bobby were sitting at a table in front of the boys and Angel. Bobby poured Ellen a shot of liquid from a flask and pushed it towards her.

"Bobby..." Ellen gave him an eye, "Is this really necessary?"

"Just a belt of Holy Water." He shrugged, "Shouldn't hurt."

Ellen lifted the shot glass to her mouth and swallowed the water effortlessly, "Whiskey now, if you don't mind."

"Ellen, what happened?" Dean asked, "How'd you get out?"

"I wasn't supposed to. I was supposed to be in there with everybody else." She scoffed, "But we ran out of pretzels, of all things. It was just dumb luck." She drank the whiskey Bobby poured for her and exhaled sharply, "Anyway, that's when Ash called. Panic in his voice." She sighed sadly, "He told me to look in the safe. Then the call cut out. By the time I got back, the flames were sky-high, and everybody was dead. I couldn't have been gone more than fifteen minutes."

Sam's eyes dropped, "I'm sorry, Ellen."

"A lot of good people died in there, and I got to live." Ellen teared up and scoffeds, "Lucky me."

Angel looked at her sadly but pressed on, "E, you mentioned a safe? Demons get that?"

"No." She shook her head quickly, "It was hidden in the basement."

She pulled out a map from her pocket, unfolded it and set it down on the table. It had several black lines and X's on it.

"Wyoming." Dean pointed to the lines drawn curiously, "What does that mean?"

Later on, as Bobby read from a large book, he scoffed, "I don't believe it."

He sat the book on a table earning looks all around.

"What? You got something?"

"A lot more than that. Each of these X's..." He pointed to the marks on the map, "Is an abandoned frontier church- all mid-19th century, and all built by Samuel Colt."

"Samuel Colt?" Dean repeated in shock, "The demon-killing, gunmaking Samuel Colt?"

"Yep, and there's more. He built private railway lines." He pointed to the black lines on the map, "Connecting church to church. It just happens to lay out like this."

With a marker, he connected the points on the map until the shape of a star is made.

Angel scoffed, "Tell me that's not what I think it is."

"It's a Devil's Trap." Sam nodded in shock as well, "A 100-square mile Devil's Trap."

"That's brilliant." Dean grinned, "Iron lines demons can't cross."

Ellen gaped, "I've never heard of anything that massive."

"No one has."

"And after all these years none of the lines are broken?" Dean asked, "I mean, it still works?"

"Has to." Angel bit her lip looking over the map, "All these omens, and the demons... They must be circling and they can't get in."

"Yeah, well..." Bobby motioned, "They're trying."

"Why?" Angel asked, "What's inside?"

"That's what I've been looking for, and uh..." Dean shook his head, "There's nothing except an old cowboy cemetery right in the middle."

"What's so important about a cemetery or... what's Colt trying to protect?"

"Well, unless..."