Love Birds Part 2

Chapter 31

When I woke up again, I smelled a delicious aroma. Smiling, I sat on the bed consciously alone. I couldn't help but smile as I remembered what had happened. Saint was gentle, sweet, and caring when we did it.

I smiled to myself before choosing to get up and take a bath. I was dressed in Albus's white long sleeve, up to the thighs, so it was okay. After some time, I decided to go down only to discover Saint preparing our dinner.

It was 6 pm. I was very tired, so the night reached my rest. When Saint turned to me, he immediately smiled before approaching me and asking me to sit down and eat.

"I made your omelette. Don't worry, it tastes good. I searched for it. " I just nodded as I watched the table, which was a bit chaotic. There is also a tablet that I never thought he could use. A video on how to make easy but delicious food plays there.

Damn Mary, he's making an effort. For the love of God, how can I disregard my feelings for him if he is like this to me?

"Do you like it?" He then asked that I smile jovially at him before tasting the food. I chewed it, then ate the rice.

"I love it."

Yes, the taste is salty, but that is not the point here. What I loved about it was that he made an effort, and I think that made everything seem perfect.

"Babe, I can hear your thoughts. You're lying. " He complained. I laughed before I stood up and kindly pulled him to sit down and sat on top of him. That’s how I eat those things. I barely fed Saint as he recounted things about the Death Ministry.

"So that the Death Ministry was like an amusement park?" He nodded in response. Saint is still busy with the food I fed him. I giggled as I kissed his lips. He's cute to look at now. Saint's lips were full of food. It was kind of amusing.

When he swallowed what he ate, he continued to speak while wrapping his hand around my waist. I ate and listened to him.

"Within the Death Ministry, only the Grim can enter. There are only two types of grim: the Council and the Reapers. The Grim Council are the ones who bring death notes from superiors to be sent to Grim Reapers like me, where we have to fetch the soul of the person written there. When we do not get them at the right time and place, they can escape and just add to the missing souls. In 40 days, we should reap them. Otherwise, they will be like the lost soul you saw yesterday. "Dark and evil. " I nodded as a sign that I understood him.

"How do you become a grim reaper?" I asked out of nowhere. I barely stood up to reach the glass that was a little farther away. I am so thirsty. I poured water there before returning to sit on Saint's lap and have a drink there. However, when I turned to him, his previous smiles were gone. That's when I just pondered my question. I should not have asked it. I don't think he wanted to hear that.

"I-I'm sorry, I think—"

I was about to withdraw the question, but he spoke immediately.

"All those who become grim reapers have been servants of God who committed tremendous sins." I was stunned by what he revealed. So he became a grim reaper because he had a tremendous sin? And if I'm not mistaken, he used to be a servant of God.

Wait, is he an angel?

It was there that I immediately turned to Saint. My eyes widened slightly,and I couldn't believe what I was looking at.

"What?" He innocently asked, as if he could not hear what I was thinking. It only means one thing: he doesn't want to talk about it.

"N-Nothing." I just said I gasped and chose to go back to eating.

"Not all servants of God are angels, Mary. There are priests, saints, and people from the Bible who have sinned. Stop thinking of nonsense. I-I am not an angel. " I was stunned again. Saint even stammered when he said he was not an angel. I took another deep breath and chose to just believe him.

"Yes, of course you're not." I forced a smile before turning to Saint and kissing him again.

Many days go by and they are inseparable. The male bird brings the female bird food so that it does not go hungry. They cared for each other and lived together forever.

When I read the Love Birds, a story from a parable book, all I had in mind was that this just a short story about bird love. But now I think differently every time I remember it. Because this wants to signify that when a person loves someone, he or she will do everything just to be with the one they love. He/she will despise everyone just to be with the person he/she loves, even for a moment. And, while I do have feelings for Saint,I want to briefly fool around and be blind to the situation we have now. Just so I can only be with him for a while. just for a while.

I M _ V E N A