Ant Family Part 4

Chapter 56

"Dad." I immediately called Mr. Perelman when I entered his office. A while ago, he was busy taking care of incoming patients who had scheduled him. So when I got to the hospital where he and Hazel work, I chose to wait for his work to finish before entering. Earlier, when I asked Mrs. Perelman where her husband was, she replied that Mr. Perelman was at work. Which is why I came here in a hurry.

At that point, from his earlier bus studying some medical cases, he looked up at me. He adjusted his eyeglasses for a while, and when our eyes met, he smiled, so I smiled back too.

"Hailey, what are you doing here?" There was a concern in his voice, something that made me want to cry, but I suppressed it by clenching my fist. During these times, I want nothing else to do aside from us being complete again at home today. Laugh and talk for the remaining twelve hours. I will take this chance again so that he can be with his family before I take him away from them like what I did when I possessed their youngest child.

I tried to smile even though I wasn't happy but sad. If death is not prevented, I will make way for Mr. Perelman's remaining time to be meaningful.

I said, "I'm picking you up, Dad," before approaching him and holding his hand.

"Huh? But I still have a dozen things to do, Hailey. " That's when I frowned.

"Dad, we are going home. Mommy is waiting at home. She cooked your favourite foods. There's also a cake, and then there are gifts too! " I said proudly. At that point, Mr. Perelman's eyebrows met.

"My daughter, my birthday is still far away." He laughed, "What's up and your mommy has prepared? "

"Hmm, because Dad, our school project got the highest marks and it will be included in the academy's annual summer fashion show!" My happy statement made him smile.

"Wow! That should be celebrated. All right, Daddy is coming home so we can celebrate. " At that point, he stood up and began to put away his belongings. "Go to your sister; she's got no operation schedule right now." He ordered "Tell her we're going home." I just nodded and smiled at Mr. Perelman before he turned away. Yet as I turned away, my composure seemed to give up. My eyes couldn't hold back the tears and they were dripping. But I quickly wiped it before going out to fetch Hazel.

I found her standing in front of the pharmacy reading documents. So I prepared the smile again to send her home as well.

"Sister!" I shouted before running closer and hugging her.

"Oh my God! What's wrong, Hailey? What's wrong with you? God! Get off of me! " She seemed irritated, although she was laughing.

"Let's go home, sister!" It was there that I carved her until she also got tired and agreed to what I wanted.

On the way home to the Perelman mansion, we boarded a private car with the driver, Arjo, driving. Hazel and I were in the backseat while Dad was in the passenger seat.

"You know what, Hailey, you've changed a lot." That comment by Mr. Perelman broke the silence. Hazel fell asleep on the trip because it was a bit long and far from home. It was almost time in the afternoon, and I knew I was running out of time.

"What again, Dad?" Because of my deep thinking, I didn't immediately get what he said.

"What I'm saying is that you've changed so much." I sighed upon hearing that. The reason why the Hailey they knew changed so much was that the Hailey who was with him now wasn't their child. But Mary Sean, a lost soul, I am not Hailey, meaning to say,

"Dad, can you call me Mary now?"

"Huh?" That's where Mr. Perelman's forehead knit before looking back at me slightly.