Chapter THREE

Axle Paxton

Fuck.. Fuck.. Fuck..
I'm tense.. And fucking nervous..

Because Avalon makes me nervous..

I fight to keep the anticipation from causing my whole body to shake as she brushes past me into the apartment, the fruity scent of her perfume singing to me in the sweetest of notes, an aromatic melody that clouds my mind with thoughts of her flavour..

Goddamn..
I want to taste her..

She told me I couldn't ask her any questions.. So I choose my next words carefully, closing the door and shrugging out of my jacket.. "Lemme get you something to drink.."

She nods, glancing around the living room, her gaze landing on the gaming console sat on the floor in front of the flatscreen TV.. "Thanks.."

Moving to the fridge, I pluck two bottles of beer from the six pack and from the corner of my eye I see her move to pick up one of the game controllers.. She powers up the console as I make my way back over to her, sitting on the carpet beside her, offering her the dark Amber bottle.. "Here.."

Avalon looks down at the bottle, then back up at me.. "Here what?"

"Uhh.. Here-- ya go, Princess.." I frown in confusion as her nose crinkles and she begins to giggle..

"You're so silly.. You're a silly puppy, Axle.." Peaches teases with a flirty grin, flashing her diamond white smile..

Holy hell.. That smile..

My heart races with desire and my balls ache with need as my face heats embarrassedly, since I have no idea what I've done wrong to cause her to laugh at me.. I have no idea what Avalon wants..

I don't think anybody ever has..

All I know is, I want to give it to her..

"Uhh-- If you say so, Ava.." I try to shrug off her teasing, unable to ask her what the hell she is talking about..
Because she told me not to.

"Oh.. And you're so cute when you blush like that.. You know that, don't you?" She coos with joyful tenderness..

Well now.. Isn't that something..
Avalon thinks I'm cute, huh..

No.. Wait.. What?

I don't spend 20 plus hours at the gym every damn week, shredding and sweating, to be fucking cute..

But she said it, she thinks I am..

Am I cute?
Guys aren't supposed to be cute.. Are they?

"Uhh.. Thanks.."

The unfamiliar word tangles among the knotted ropes in my guts, conflicting me and yet somehow warming me in new ways..

Why does it feel so good to hear her say that?..

Reaching out she takes the beer and sips with a little hum.. "Next time my sweet puppy, I'd really like a glass.." She smiles again, so sweet I'm certain she's made me diabetic with just one look..