CHAPTER 19

C/N: After so many months ay nakapag-update narin ako kahit isang chapter lang. Naging busy din kasi ako kaya hindi ko masyadong natutukan itong baby na ito at nagpakabit uli kami ng wifi kaya ayon. Pasensya na at matagal akong mag-update but thank you for staying and supporting this story. Sana magpatuloy pa ito hanggang sa wakas.

Thank you everyone!!!!!

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Kreimond's POV

I was working on a report about the upcoming school intramurals when a knock interrupted my thoughts. I looked up from my desk, lowering the mirror in my hand, and called out, "You may enter." The door swung open, and to my delight, the woman I love stepped into my office.

I stood up from my seat and approached Vivien with a warm smile. "Done with your classes?" I asked, guiding her to the couch. She nodded in response before sitting down. I handed her a glass of water and joined her on the couch.

"Do you still have anything left to do?" she inquired, her voice gentle with concern.

"I'm almost finished." I replied, leaning in to kiss her on the forehead. "Once I'm done with this, we'll head out to where we're supposed to go, okay?" She smiled and nodded, giving me the assurance I needed to return to my desk and complete my work.

After a few minutes of reviewing documents and signing papers, I finally wrapped up my tasks. I quickly organized my things, tidied up my desk, and then walked over to Vivien.

"Ready to go?" I asked her, offering my hand.

I picked up her bag and gently took her by the arm as we left the office together. As we walked through the hallways, I noticed that she was unusually quiet, lost in thought. I stopped, pulling her into an embrace from behind, feeling her startle slightly at the suddenness of it.

"I can tell something’s bothering you, mi amore. Let it out, and I’ll listen." I whispered into her ear, holding her close.

She sighed deeply before turning around to face me. I gazed into her eyes and caressed her cheek.

"It’s about my cousin." she said, her voice tinged with disappointment.

"Which cousin?" I asked softly.

"Kuya Drake." she replied with a slight pout. "May nalaman kasi ako tungkol sa kanya." she added, her frustration evident.

I released her from my embrace and kissed her forehead. "Is this about his engagement to Shiela?" I asked, trying to piece together the reason for her distress. Her brow furrowed as soon as she heard my question.

"So you knew too?" she responded, her tone accusatory.

I nodded, confirming her suspicions, and gently led her toward the parking lot.

"They’ve been engaged for two years now." I told her.

"Then I should’ve known about it." she said, her voice laced with hurt.

Once we reached the parking lot, I opened the car door for her. After making sure she was settled in the passenger seat, I circled around and got in on the driver’s side. I started the engine and drove us away from the university, the atmosphere between us quiet and contemplative. Vivien stared out of the window, lost in her thoughts, while I focused on the road ahead.

After about an hour of driving, we arrived at our destination. I opened the door for her once again and escorted her to the beachfront. We were greeted by a few staff members who maintained our beach house, including the ever-reliable Tata Lito.

"Sir Kreimond, masaya ako at nakita kitang muli." Tata Lito greeted me warmly, a smile on his face.

"Good afternoon, Tata Lito," I responded politely before pulling Vivien closer by the waist. "By the way, Tata this is Vivien Thorne, the woman I’m courting." I added introducing her to the caretaker.

"Kay gandang dilag naman." Tata Lito remarked with a smile directed at Vivien. She smiled back and respectfully offered a hand for him to kiss.

"Thank you for the compliment, Tata Lito." she replied graciously.

"Halina kayong dalawa sa loob. Pag pasyensyahan ninyo na at hindi kami nakapag handa ng maigi sa pagbisita ninyo ngayon." Tata Lito said, leading us into the mansion.

The household staff greeted us warmly as we entered, immediately attending to our needs. Tata Lito invited us to sit on the sofa, saying he would prepare some snacks for us.

A few minutes later, Tata Lito returned with two maids carrying trays of refreshments. They placed the trays on the coffee table before returning to the kitchen.

"Mag meryenda muna at maiiwan ko muna kayo dahil tutulungan ko silang maghanda nang ihahapunan ninyo." Tata Lito said before heading back to the kitchen.

I served Vivien some tea and a cupcake before preparing mine. "Thank you, Krei." she said gratefully before sipping her tea. I smiled at her, my heart swelling with affection as I turned my attention to my own tea.

As evening fell, Tata Lito called us to the dining room for dinner. Vivien and I made our way to the kitchen and invited Tata Lito to join us.

"Maraming salamat sa pag iimbita pero kailangan ko nang umuwi dahil ang aking may bahay ay naghihintay na sa akin." Tata Lito explained with a gentle smile.

"That’s alright, Tata Lito. You should go I’m sure Nana Lucille is waiting for you." I replied, understanding.

He bid us farewell and left for the night. The household staff continued to serve us, and we began our meal.

"It seems like you’ve grown quite fond of the people here." Vivien observed, causing me to smile.

"We spent a lot of time with them before we moved to the mansion." I explained.

As we continued our dinner, Vivien shared stories from her childhood, giving me a deeper understanding of the person she was.

After we finished eating, I led her to the flower field behind the house. Seeing her joy as she admired the flowers I cherished filled me with contentment. There was nothing more I could ask for as long as I could make her happy.