Alec ~14~

🌲

It's Christmas day and here I am aching to see him. He has been gone from my life and my life went back to normal. Boring and empty.

I miss him. I wish to see him even once. At Least to say goodbye, if he doesn't want to be friends again. That's all I want.

I held my head with my hands and sighed. Taking the remote and changing the channel.

“You suddenly went missing, no news of you was heard anywhere. People were afraid something might have happened to you,” she asked.

It was an interview of Miles Reynolds.

She was right, I was also afraid something happened to him. Whom am I kidding though? I haven't thought about him for the past weeks and all because of miles. But I am glad he was okay.

My heart doesn't stop the sudden ache I got after seeing him on tv. It's been so long I haven't seen Miles. I mean my miles. I guess he is still mad at me. I look down at the table that my sister was preparing, trying to be happy this Christmas, and think of all the happy memories.

“I was in recovery,” he said and I stopped my tracks to listen to him. My sister also volumed up the tv and I was glad. What had to happen? Why recovery?

“Recovery of myself,” he said. “ my whole body and heart” he smiled, and damn did I miss that smile. That man was pure and real. He was the meaning of happiness, or maybe just to me.

“Did someone break our prince’s heart?” the interviewer flirts and miles laughed

“, see in the past three months, I got to experience something major in my life. Something that changed everything for me. I got to know what is real and what is fake. Who is real to you and who is faking to be with you. But I got to know it in a hard way, a way I don't want anyone else to experience in this life.” he paused and smiled at the girl, waiting for her next question. but she seemed to be stuck or something because she kept staring at him.

I couldn't help laughing at myself either. My sister turned to look at me and smiled. Yes, I hadn't smiled or laughed like that ever since my fight with my miles. But I guess I had to.

“Is it okay if you tell us what happened?”

He smiled again. His same signature smile could light up anyone's heart. It did light up mine in a matter of a minute.

“There is someone out there who is waiting for me. And I don't want to disclose myself here without seeing him first,” he said.

“This someone, is he the one who made you disappear?”

“No, and yes.” and the girl laughed at his answer. “I was lost. I Was the point of my life where everything is bitter. People can be scary to you even without knowing a thing about you. But that someone wasn't. He stood by me from the first time we met to this time and I wouldn't ask for someone better in my life than him right now.” he said.

One lucky guy. I thought and kept on with my duties. I don't want to be heartbroken over someone else having my crush. My miles are still in my heart.

“I lost everything in one day. My girlfriend, my best friend, and my looks” he said and I stopped again. feeling like I know this story. I have heard it somewhere. My mind was foggy again and couldn't remember where.