Chapter 10

"Wait up! I have some questions for you," I told Cyrus as I catched up with him.

"I am sure you want an explanation for everything that happened but we don't have time for one," he replied.

"Why is that? It is not like we are traveling somewhere. We will spend five years stuck in this place and we can't go anywhere without getting killed. Based on those factors, I am sure we have all the time we need."

"Those creatures were not inhabitants of the forest. They were created by a folern who is one one of the many who want to kill us. All of the folens know about us and our abilities and they also know that controlling plants is not one of them. Whoever created them will tell every single folern about what happened with the plants and it will eventually reach The Leaders. They will eventually connect it to Mayla and then to Aaren and lastly to you and Skyla."

"I thought that by being in The Ancient Forest we were safe. Mayla said no one dared to come here."

"The Leaders won't but other folerns will. You saw what happened today. We won't stand a chance against them."

"You were pretty strong together. Together you defeated the Pogans. I am sure you can do it again."

"We did defeat them but Mayla and Cyan are in a pretty bad shape. Both of them used all their energy and this is really dangerous. If this happens one more time, they would disappear....for good."

"Disappear?! This is pretty serious! So do you have a plan or do you want me to help you come up with one?"

"I appreciate your offer but I think I have an idea. The folerns attack here because it is on the borders. If we get deeper into the forest, they probably won't be able to get us."

"Then we better hustle. What you said means that we will be the number one target after a short amount of time. One question though, how are we going to leave with two of us injured and unconscious."

"I could help them heal faster and then Skyla, Aaren, you, and me could work on getting everything ready."

"If you think it will work then let 's do it."

For the next two hours we worked on getting everything ready. Which really wasn't much since we didn't come with anything. We packed some food, water, and mattresses since Mayla wouldn't be able to use her power for a little while.

"We are now ready to go," Aarenn said, the lack of enthusiasm clear in his voice.

I couldn't blame him for that. The events of the last couple of days were dangerous and stressful.

"Should we really do that," Skyla asked.

"We don't have any other option. It is either we stay here and get killed or we go deeper and survive," Cyrus replied.

"Is it really safer? From what I know, the deeper you get into a forest the dangerous the creatures are," I told them.

"You aren't wrong," Cyrus replied.

"When will Mayla and Cyan wake up," I asked impatiently.

"Give them some time. You try to wake them up now and you will be killing them," Cyrus told me.

"If they lost their energy, why didn't you," Skyla asked.

"I didn't use that much energy and I think that this isn't the right time for those questions," Cyrus said.

Something wasn't adding up about this. How did he defeat the creatures without using up all his energy? I was beginning to think that staying with Cyan and Cyrus wasn't a good idea. How could I trust them if I didn't know anything about them?

"The only thing I care about now is my sister's health," Aaren said.

"She will be fine and well. We just have to give her some time to rest and she will be energetic and healthy," Cyrus assured him.

"Great! Now we have to wait." I grumbled.

"You will wait! If it wasn't for her you would have been dead," Aaren shouted at me.

"Calm down, Aaren. We all know that she saved our lives and we hope that she will be fine. It is just that we, Silena and I, aren't accustomed to running for our lives. Two days ago we were just normal teenagers living a normal life," Skyla said with a hint of sorrow in her voice.

"No one told you to follow us into the portal! You are the reason for all of this! If it wasn't for you, Mayla and me would still be with our family and enjoying our time! So don't blame this on us," Aaren shouted at Skyla.

"This is enough! Who do you think you are shouting at me and Skyla like this! We are not indebted to you! Don't you use your sister's noble act to boss us around," I screamed at him.

"You shouldn't be fighting like that. What is done cannot be undone so you better get used to each other and the situation," Cyrus said.

"You don't have a say in this! Your life was already missed up before we showed up! You weren't affected the least bit so stay out of this," Aaren shouted.

"So you are suggesting that Skyla and I missed your life up! You were the one arguing in the middle of the forest! YOu should have been more careful," I shouted.

"Guys I think we should stop. Our voices are too loud and I think they are disturbing a few creatures," Skyla said in a low voice.

I was about to ask her about what she was talking about when I heard a savage roar. Maybe all this fighting really caused some creatures to go mad.