Chapter 21

Tyler's P.O.V.

"So you mean that humans have one night stands?" I growl out thinking about Ava with another man.

I still cling onto the hope that she waited for me, like I waited for her.

But Hannah is not giving me much hope.

"Before I met my mate I had a boyfriend too, as well as several one night stands." She blushes and looks down. I can feel her shame through the pack bond.

"It is normal for us to have multiple partners." I growl at the thought of Ava saying 'I love you' to another man.

Hannah winces at my outburst and bares her neck.

"I'm not growling at you." I tell her and she calms down.

"But some people wait until marriage. Maybe your mate is one of them Alpha." She beams at her words.

Maybe she is one of them...

I should propose soon.

With a nod and "thank you Hannah" I exit their three story house.

She is mated to an omega, Theodore is his name. He worked his way up in the human world and found her on a business trip to Galway.

They expect a child soon.

Hannah is one of the few other human mates in my pack.

We have three of them, all mated to Omegas.

It is extremely rare to have one. With Omegas it's more often but for me, an Alpha, it is almost unheard of.

As I make my way back to the house, my excitement grows.

In five minutes I'll have my mate in my arms again!

My wolf urges me to go faster so I break out into a slight jog.

"Alpha!"

"There is a rogue attack in Östersund!

Luna is with Marie and Finn."

Mike growls through the mind-link and I break out into a run.

No one had ever seen my Lycan side, it came out on rare occasions but this one was a rare occasion.

My mate is in danger!