Shigaraki x TransMan!Reader

Summary: You struggle through your dysphoria and Shigaraki notices, unsure how to help.

A/N: Hi! I just wanted to comfort myself through my dysphoria so I wrote it with my one and only 💗

Warnings: Dysphoria/ AFAB Reader/ Eating Disorder (Starving)/ Depression

You know that burning feeling you get in your chest? Where it's excruciatingly painful and unbearable, almost impossible to push through? Yeah, it was one of those. You were persistent on staying busy, not taking a moment to rest. And if you did take a moment to rest the guilt took over, feeling if you have a time  to rest you have time to work, but that's not as easy as it sounds. Not when it's contributing to the problem. No one thought much of it at the time they just assumed you were determined to get work done, especially considering your boyfriend was the boss. It started to get concerning when you'd blow them off after a mission, even when Twice wanted to ask you a curious question you'd insist you had things to do. That was unlike you.

Maybe you'd brush off the others here and there, but Twice was a different story. You always had a soft spot for the guy so they watched carefully from a distance. Hoping they could avert an impending crisis they reached out, offering things to boost your mood. Toga brought up haircut ideas suggesting she could give you a stylish look fitting for you, but you rejected it. They'd catch you staring at the mirrors a moment too long and considered that you might want new clothes, also no. When that didn't work Dabi, Spinner, and Compress asked if you'd like to play games or burn down that building you'd been eyeing, sadly that didn't happen.

Shigaraki confronted the other members while you were taking a nap, asking what was going on. It's never easy telling your boss that his boyfriend is far from himself, but they weren't much help so this was their best bet. He listened patiently, asking specific questions such as how your body language and behavior was, what phrases or words you said and how you said them. Asking if they noticed a change in your appearance to indicate you weren't taking care of yourself, sometimes it's easier to get a second perspective. Shigaraki wasn't always the best at being observant, frankly it's hard when you've got to babysit a group of criminals and bring down hero society simultaneously. After answering his plethora of questions he assured them he'd keep a close eye on you, advising them to continue doing the same. Shigaraki didn't stop his work entirely, but he did cut down his priorities and made you priority number one.

When you weren't on missions you were stuffed in your room, only leaving to clean the base and ask anyone if they needed something. He'd peek in the room and check on you, talking to you about missions and asking how you were doing. Stubborn as you were, or just downright oblivious, you said everything was great and you needed to get back to work. He'd constantly attempt to coax you into talking, trying to comfort you by bringing your favorite food. Starting with junk food he knew you'd eat easily, hoping he could bring a more healthier choice when you ate the more junkier snacks, but you denied it. That's when he noticed you hadn't eaten much, actually, he hadn't seen you eat at all.

He asked you about it while the two of you laid in bed, assuring that he wouldn't be mad, he just wanted you to take care of yourself.

Shrugging it off with a laugh, "Oh I haven't? I didn't even notice,  sweets. I'll eat tomorrow, I promise."

He trusted you on that, he should've known that when a week went by and you refused to even drink anything but caffeine that this was worsening. Your productivity slowed to a halt, not even able to leave the room then turning to not even leaving the bed. The league would try to excite you by telling you about new missions only to blow them off one by one. It started with you laying in bed with the lights on occupying yourself with your phone, eventually leading to laying in bed covered in layers of clothing in the dark. The light from the windows and cracks of the door grew painful, resorting to have to shut the blinds and covering it on top with thick, dark colored blankets. Having to stuff every crack that light could get through to with dark blankets or towels, whatever was easiest.