Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Sophie grunted as the healer treated her wound. She was reflecting on her battle with Indigo and Micah.

‘Bhavishya has already learnt so many powers compared to me. Hmm...Maybe I could try and learn about fire?’

Sophie remembered Indigo balling her hands into fists and placing them above each other before shoving it outwards, to shoot a blast of fire. She paused as she tried the same action. Nothing.

“Something the matter?”

Sophie looked up to see Felix, who sat down next to her. “I dunno. I figured I could try making fire. It’s quite amazing how the Ikonics didn’t even flinch when they just flung out fire from their wrists,” chuckled Sophie.

“Well bhavishya is practicing with Indigo right now. You could join you know.” Felix whispered, he knew Chan was never going to agree with Sophie going to learn even before her wounds healed.

“Chan wouldn’t agree, would he?” laughed Sophie. Felix nodded as he got up. “C’mon, we should get you some rest. Call it a day,” he said, pulling her up. It was then she realised how tired she was. “Yep, sure,” she yawned as he led her back up to her room.

As she was lying on the bed, she stared at the ceiling. There were seriously a hell lot more powers she had yet to learn. She remembered Indigo shooting fire again as she looked at her wrist. “Maybe I need to start a spark,” she muttered quietly as she knocked her wrists together. She nearly rolled off the bed in shock as a spark lit up before disappearing. How the hell did the damn Ikonics shoot out the fire?

“Aight, I’ll ask Bhavishya tomorrow,” she muttered as she flipped over onto her pillow and went to sleep. When she awoke, her hair was a mess. At least it wasn’t Carl Scrabbles the Third who broke something just to wake her up. In fact, where the hell did Carl go?

Just then she looked out the window and nearly had a heart attack as she spotted a fat bird crash into the glass. “Wait a minute- CARL!” she screamed. Instantly the 8 princes kicked the door down and Han yelled out, “WHY ARE YOU YELLING?”

Sophie didn’t respond as she slid past them and ran all the way out of the lodge to find Bhavishya crouching over a fainted Carl.

“I saw Carl when I woke up and he started flying away and look what happened to this idiot,” Bhavishya explained. “That brings me to wonder, Carl hasn't been here from the start of the competition. Where was he?” Sophie asked half laughing. “Oh it’s a long story soph. I'll tell you some other day.” She replied.

The 8 princes rushed out to find Sophie and Bhavishya sitting on a rock while holding an unconscious bird in their hands.

“I’m sorry what exactly happened here? I'm so confused,” Jeongin said.

“Meet Carl Scrabbles the Third. He was our only way of communication for 5 years or something,” Sophie explained as she lifted the dead looking bird up.

“YOU GUYS KNEW EACH OTHER?” Han exclaimed.

“DID I NOT SPECIFY?” she yelped back as the two of them began to mumble in confusion. “Sophie, sophie calm down. We were pen pals for the longest I could have ever known. We met when we were 3 and we decided to communicate.” Bhavishya said, holding Sophie back.

“Aha, sorry Bhavishya. You can take your uhm...bird... is that even a bird? You can take Carl back to your lodge. I need to feed these 8 children,” Chan apologised as he shot a look at them.

Bhavishya nodded and waved a goodbye while mouthing the words, “We have a fight today.” at Sophie. She briskly nodded.

Before any of them could say a word, Chan snapped his fingers and everyone fell through the portal, with only Chan remaining on his feet while the 8 of them were just lumps on the floor. “MY BACK!” yelped Hyunjin dramatically as Chan pulled them all back to their feet.