chapter 11

Bhavishya looked at the announcer. He was busy preparing his scroll and he began to shout. “THE SECOND- ack my throat. The second activity is archery,” he called. “How well can you use a bow?” asked Ryujin. Bhavishya shrugged. She seriously wasn’t sure.

The only person who taught her archery was her brother, who was a qualified hunter himself. They used to practice together and Bhavishya knew she could hit targets pretty accurately. In fact, she could hit targets by just listening to them moving.  Although she knew that she hadn't practiced for quite a long time. She was scared she would be rusty. She was the one who taught Lily how to use a bow and arrow after all.

The Forevers looked pleased that archery was selected. Their power was sharp shooting, and they would never miss. It would be easy. “Today’s archery is by shooting at other people on the opposing team. You have to form teams of 2, and only the top 30 teams will be able to move on to the next round,” called the announcer.

Bhavishya was about to ask Sophie, when Lily strode up to them. “Sophie, right? I saw your skill yesterday and I was hoping we could pair,” proposed Lily. Bhavishya turned to face Lily coldly. “I’m sorry, but i'm pretty sure Sophie wouldn't want to pair with somebody who she doesn't even know the capabilities of.” She replied. Sophie turned to face Bhavishya suddenly, in a shock. She didn't know why Bhavishya said that to her own friend. Lily rolled her eyes and said, “And I’m pretty sure I asked Sophie not a traitor,” retorted Lily.

“Guys guys calm down. What's with those harsh words. Sure Lily, I'll partner you. Sorry Bhavishya, I just want to check out her skill. I promise I’ll work with you next time,” apologised Sophie. Bhavishya seemed slightly annoyed, but she knew that she would beat Lily for sure. And she knew that Sophie would never break her promise. She probably just pitied Lily. She nodded her head and walked off to find herself a partner. 

“Hey, I heard you are a royal guard from the MIDZY kingdom. Can I partner with you for the archery competition?” Bhavishya heard a voice. She turned around to find herself looking at a slightly taller girl holding a bow and arrow. Her bow had the emblem of the STAY kingdom. “Have I met you before?” She asked. “Nope, but I saw you practising your archery yesterday with Sophie and I thought I could partner you.” The girl replied. “Oh sure then. My name-” “is Bhavishya? Yeah yeah lets get over with this. I just need to win. My name’s Hera, the army general for the STAY kingdom.” she said as she shook hands with her.

‘I’m sure Sophie is a higher ranking since she’s the personal guard but...I don’t think Hera looks capable of carrying out her duty.’ Thought Bhavishya.

“Everyone, station yourselves! The rules of this game are simple. Just hit the red dot on the vest we give you with your arrow. The dot changes from minute to minute so you need to be quick. No physical harm or foul play. All of you will be riding on horses whilst doing this.You have five minutes to hit at least three opponents.once you get hit, you are out ” called the announcer.

Bhavishya sat on Kira while Hera sat on her horse, Sunset. She could make out the figure of Sophie sitting on her horse, storm from across the stadium.

“Bhavishya, you think you can get to the next round?” asked Ryujin, surprising her with the sudden appearance. “Yeah, I think I can. You have any idea who Hera is?” queried Bhavishya hurriedly. Ryujin looked at Hera, who was looking at her nails.

“I’ve seen her before…but I’m not sure,” Ryujin admitted. Hera screamed furiously. “EXCUSE ME QUEEN! I’m the army generals of the Stay Kingdom!” she yelled. Sophie guided Storm over and glared at Hera. “Sorry, she’s like this. Aish, Hera, could we please try to be nice?” she asked.

“I AM VERY NICE!” retorted Hera. “Sorry,” grumbled Sophie as she grabbed Hera by the collar. “If you ruin the image of the Stay Kingdom, I will have you slaughtered,” she hissed, causing Hera to stop throwing a fit. “Bye,” Sophie grunted as she led Storm away.