chapter 3

Name: Jayden mark
Age : 21
Birthday :
Height : 181cm
Kingdom : BTS

Jayden stabbed the earth with the wooden pole. The rain streaked his skin, only adding to his frustration. The floods were endless. He suspected that Prince Jimin was probably mad about something.

The mood of the 7 rulers affected the weather. And this time, there was rain splattering everywhere. Floods were endless and his crops were drowning. “Oh for my own sanity, someone tell me what’s going on again?” he growled as the carrots growing in the ground were torn out of the soil as a harsh wind blasted across the fields.

“HELP MY DEAR CROPS!” he hollered.

Jayden wasn’t a regular citizen. The Armys who lived in the Kingdom were loyal and a giant family, all serving the 7 kinds loyally.

Jayden was not part of this family. He had many names. “Powerless, weak, nothing.” were one of the many.To be very clear, the name for people like him were ‘Nothings.’ They didn’t have powers, or loyalty. He heard of a village of them living at the edge of the world, but that was only a myth. Or so he thought. He never really believed in the powers or any of that sort. 

He was scorned while other people were studying books and training to harness the power that Armys possessed, controlling any metal in their path.

This made them deadly. Usual weapons like swords and guns were useless against them. They were considered the strongest but deadly. Many of them end up turning bad or trying to kill just to rule.

Jayden however, just worked on the farms. Nobody really spoke to him, other than eating the crops he grew. They let him keep his land due to how valuable crops were to the Kingdom. At this rate, he was going to be kicked.

“How's your farming going, JAY-DEN?” It was obviously the town mayor. He was a fat man, if he could say so himself, with an ugly beard and a rude personality. “I’m sure the Kings don’t want peasants working for them and sent a storm to wipe out your hard work. You’ll lose your job, and be thrown out of this kingdom. And maybe on your way, you will be killed by antis,” he cackled.

“Maybe if you could shove off, I could salvage at least a few crops for the people who need it,” Jayden sneered at the Mayor. “Oh you’ll regret talking to me like that.” He warned and took off towards the Kingdom.

Three days later, the mayor was true to his words. Jayden woke up to find himself being hauled out from his apartment out of the Kingdom walls along with his pet dog, Gizmo.

Gizmo’s ears drooped as Jayden was given a bag of wheat and three packets of seeds, with only one waterskin. He was allowed to bring along three pieces of bread, so he picked out the biggest three he could get before he was booted from the Kingdom.

He watched as the Kingdom gates shut. Something felt something dark twist inside of him. He knew the rulers didn’t do this. He just knew it. But the townspeople were being toxic. He tried to keep that mentality, but the strange, ghostly feeling lingered inside of him as hatred swelled. “Sucks to be me,”

He led Gizmo out into the Wildlands. It was a mysterious sea of soft grass. It seemed like it could stretch out forever. He didn’t know what to do. Until he was approached by a man with a black hood.

“Have you been kicked out?” whispered the man. “Y-How did you know that?” he exclaimed. “SHHHH! If the guards find me, we will be murdered. I am from the Antis,” he muttered. Jayden reeled back in terror.

“You creeps are real?” he gaped as the Anti covered his mouth. “We can offer you a place to stay...and power,” he offered. “I’m down. Absolutely. I’m homeless now, might as well take up the first shelter I can lay my hands on. Lead the way,” he replied.

The man pulled the cloak over him as his body morphed into a giant raven. “This is the kind of power I can get? I’m so going,” he said excitedly as he clambered onto the raven’s back with his supplies and Gizmo. The raven instantly burst into the sky and not later they arrived in a foggy village.

There was no one around.

“What in the world…?” he uttered quietly.

“You’re kidding,” he snapped but the Raven was gone. “All you have to do is answer one question, and the power is yours,” the voice of the Raven could be heard in his head, but also from all around him.

“What are your thoughts of a facade?” the Raven asked.Jayden paused. The dark feeling inside of him twisted and instantly he replied, “Anyone with a facade should perish.”

Suddenly, the dark feeling exploded inside him as pain engulfed him. He crashed to his side and not long later, all the pain washed away.

He got up, and stared at his hands, which were brimming with some dark energy he had never seen before. He felt...powerful. This was exactly how he imagined getting powers to be. It felt surreal and it was as if he had imagined it to be this way.“Now this is what I signed up for.”