chapter 8

Sophie woke up, completely dazed. “What the hell?” she managed to grumble out as she sat up, her eyes opening to meet 8 pairs of worried eyes. “Sophie! You’re awake!” whined Han, his eyes red as if he had been crying.

“Don’t tell me you cried you whimpering baby,” she rasped teasingly as he hugged her. She returned the embrace. Suddenly, she felt the weight shift as all 7 other boys piled onto her. “HURGH- NO-” she yelped as they strangled her with bear hugs. “I can’t believe the wild lands are so dangerous,” came a voice as the Princes let go.

“Wait...aren’t you...LISA! YOU’RE THE QUEEN OF THE BLINKS! One of them BUT STILL!” Sophie exclaimed. “Thanks to your sudden outburst in power, you freed me and my loyal guard, Meena. Don’t worry, the other Queens are back in the Kingdom,” Lisa thanked as Sophie felt a beam of pride warm her.

“So, how did you get captured?” asked Chan as he turned to face her. “We were travelling to the Kingdom of NCTzens to have our Multi learn their powers. We just left the iGot7’s kingdom before we were ambushed. There were...too many. Only Meena and I lived the attack…” Lisa said, her eyes grim and voice shaky.

Another girl popped out from behind Lisa. ‘I’m Meena, hi! I saw your abilities with water manipulation. We did bring an Exo-L, and she’s fully recovered. I think we’ll let you train under her, to repay you for saving us,” blabbered Meena excitedly.

“Uh- wow thanks.” Sophie replied, still half weak from the impact. “Do you really think EXO would be okay with that?” asked Felix. “Don’t worry, the Exo-l, called Dewei, wants to repay you for freeing him,” Lisa said kindly.

Sophie rubbed her face in exhaustion, nodding. “Sophie, you should rest first. We’ll lend you our portals to get you to the Kingdom of NCTzens,” offered Chan. “That’ll be good. Meena, let’s go,” Lisa ordered. “Actually, I want to stay here and learn teleportation. Lisa, you can go to visit NCT first. I’ll come after you when I learn the basics of teleportation,” Meena replied, earning a nod from Lisa. The guards escorted Lisa out of the castle and to the portal.

“This is my first time travelling kingdoms and actually staying there longer than two days. I really don't know if i can fit it though,” Meena remarked.

“Fit in- Nah, you’ll do fine,” Sophie shrugged as the Princes got up. “We’ll be going, see you later for dinner,” Hyujin told Sophie as they left.

“So I guess you will be sharing a room with me.” Sophie said to meena
“Lets head back to the castle, you seem like you need some rest.” she said. Meena nodded in agreement.

The next day, they were up and training with Dewei. Sophie grasped water manipulation well, managing to form a small wave. Meena was goofing around, trying to teleport, but ended up slipping and falling, smacking her face against the floor.

“To manipulate water, one requires to push and pull the water. We use redirection, as a way of defense and attack. Make your enemies attack into your defense and your enemies defense into your attack,” explained Dewei, who pushed a small water blob through the air towards her. Sophie managed to wobbly push it back. It felt satisfying, the rush of water. They repeated the exercise for a short while, before he let her try making a wave.

Meena on the other hand, ended up teleporting somewhere she did not recognise. “WHERE AM I?” she exclaimed as she realised there were literal Armys buying and selling stuff. “NO HELP-” she was cut off as a portal formed beneath her and she fell through, crashing back onto the muddy ground they were training at first. Sophie shot her a look. “Lucky you I saw disappear and got Changbin to get you back,” snapped Sophie as Prince Changbin eyed her with an irritated look. “We’ll assign you a teacher. Hera would do a great job teaching you about teleporting,” he sighed before he teleported away.