* in the meadow

Unedited imaginary piece

Nature as serene as it can be, so high up in the mountain and undisturbed by ever expanding human civilisations. The softest tufts of bright green, decorated with the occasional smatter of dandelions and daisies. The spring had done wonders yet again.

Standing in awe of the simplistic beauty before us, bare toes curling in soft green and the thin material of my skirt dancing around my ankles to the rhythm of the breeze, I can feel your stare. Inky tendrils released from their elastic binding danced against the bare skin of my triceps.

Home; your arm encircling my waist, warm spring sun. Sweet, sweet home.

Your fingers tickle against the newly exposed skin on my waist, I squirm and let out a short giggle. Whirling out of your arms, our eyes glittering. You jerk towards me and I set off running through a sea of green and white. You follow with mischievous hands outstretched and taunting me innocently. We both knew you could easily catch me if you wanted to.

We found our own glee in innocent games, just the two of us. Running with wild hair and smiles that filled our eyes.

My hair tussled with the air rushing through my hair, my hands fisting my thin ruffling skirt as I ran. Looking back at your beaming face as you quickly catch up, my heart leaps out of my chest in excitement. I turn my head and keep running. Our cheerful laughter fills the atmosphere.

Just as you catch up to me, I stumble. The both of us are brought to the plush ground, an oomph escaping us as the ground below the grass is not to soft on our bodies.

Our bodies had given way to the momentum of our fall and keeps us rolling through the grass. My eyes stay locked on yours, giggling as we roll, the magnificent hues in your hazel eyes capture my awe more than the beautiful blue and green of our ever blurring background.

When our rolling comes to a stop, it is you hovering over me. Our lips mere centimetres apart and a world full of many emotions buzzing between us. You slowly lower your face and connect our lips, a sound of pure bliss escaping me as we lose ourselves to the romantic moment. Our love and appreciation for one another wordlessly spoken.

Our lips bid temporary farewell as we breathe, my hands find your waist and my fingers wriggle their way across your torso. A surprise jolt hits you before your eyes glow with mischief, your hands latch around my wrists and pin them to the ground above my head. Heavy breaths follow, giddy cheer fills us, before our lips meet again.

A moment of pure bliss under the spring time sun, that was all I had asked of you that morning. You had instead answered my prayers and given me not only bliss, but happiness in a moment I would forever cherish; a moment that cemented my love for you.