Chapter: 7

I NOW PRESENT CHAPTER SEVEN...ENJOY :)

Ben's POV

We met up with Catherine and Cyrus, just to find that they were pretty much as unsuccessful as we were. They only found the list of moles that we had already found. And found some basic information on Ms. E. Nothing was useful. We reread and reread the list of moles about ten times and everyone had been kicked out. No one had edited the list from the last time we had found it.

Erica started getting frustrated. And to be honest I as well. Everyone started to get more frustrated by the minute. We were getting nowhere. The only news we have is that there is a mole in the CIA and that's a guess by me and what Murray told us. But then again he lies. A lot.

Erica looked at me, "Any ideas?"

I shook my head. Disappointed. We were lost. We don't have a bit of information or even a clue to who the mole was. Then I saw it.

"Wait. Turn to the back of the page."

Cyrus did as I said.

"There." I pointed to the lower right corner.

"It's a code of numbers?"Erica said.

"No. It looks like an expression." The expression was written in pencil. So barely visible. Written so small.

"It looks more like an equation to me," Cyrus said.

"Well, an equation has some sort of equal sign and then a solution. But an expression has no equal sign therefore no-"

"We are not here for a math lesson Ripley." Cyrus snapped.

"Sorry."

"Let's get a closer look, shall we," Catherine said.

"No one has touched these since, well, when we found them," I said.  "Who wrote it then?"

"No clue," Erica responded.

I looked at the expression and memorized it immediately. 28 3852  6 n  81 5639  6 w, Ben you have to remember. Go back to second grade. What did you learn? I sat there thinking. Exponents! I thought.

"Erica, give me any piece of paper."

She ran to the flies and found a random blank paper. She handed it to me.

"Thanks. Okay now, look," I wrote on the paper with a stray pencil:28 3852 6 n  81 5639  6 w=28 3852n   81 5639w. (The exponents wouldn't word but I wrote it for more clarification).

"How did you get that?" Cyrus said

"How did you get that?" Cyrus said. "And look. You even forgot the six."

"No, I didn't. The six on a computer keyboard can also be the exponent sign."

"Okay. Great, you simplified it. Now what?" Cyrus added.

"Now," Erica started. "We need to figure out what it means."