Chapter 13 - The Choice

Carol was devastated. I couldn't blame her. She did lose Sophia, her own daughter. Now, she has to deal with losing her un-biological daughters. I'm glad Carol did what she did, though. Maybe it would be better for Lizzie. And Mika. To not be in the shitty world in which had no more beauty.

The day after, we headed straight to Terminus. We couldn't be one big happy family anymore. Even though I was also upset about what happened, I was looking forward to seeing Carl again.

If he was even alive.

No, he is alive. He has to be. Rick wouldn't let him die. He already lost his wife...he wouldn't let his own kid die, would he?

It took us about 2 days to actually find Terminus. Tyreese, who was carrying Judith, and I went to a small shack while Carol checked things out.

A man attacked Tyreese when we broke into the shack. Then, the man apologized, clarifying that he thought Tyreese was a walker.

And then the man asked for help. To bandage the wound on his leg.

Tyreese put baby Judith in a small container, the ones you would use to keep drinks cool when you go on vacation or something, and kneeled down to the man.

Then, he said he had bandages outside.

Little did we know...

Tyreese was locked outside. The man, whom was limping before, pulled me into his arms, pulling out a knife and putting it to my neck.

When Tyreese eventually broke through the door, he held up his hands in surrender.

"You don't have to do this...it doesn't have to be like this!" He yelled/whispered.

"If I give you the girl, I get the baby. If you get the baby, she dies," the man said.

The knife was closer to my neck at this point. Tyreese seemed conflicted on what to do.

"Get...Judith...," I got out.

Tyreese looked back and forth from me to Judith...me to Judith...

Black spots everywhere.

"You heard the girl!" The man was chuckling now.

When Tyreese didn't give an answer, the man pulled the knife off my neck and started cutting into my wrists. I shrieked.

I could feel tears coming down my face now. I won't be able to see Carl again. At these last moments, with the grim reaper staring at me, I realized that I loved him.

Carl.

The last thing I heard was an explosion going off.

Author's Note:

Sorry this isn't exactly how the scene went in 5x01...to be honest I need to rewatch that episode...😂 new chapter coming up very soon!

Xoxo,

Grace