Chapter 2 - Hank and Elliot

I get a good look at the man.

Dark hair, cold gray eyes.

His arms were so muscular they could kill someone in a second.

"I'm Hank," the man said. "This is Elliot, my son."

I look at the teenage boy driving the car. He looks identical to Hank, minus the muscular thing. He was kind of cute, but he is surely older than I am. Elliot looks seventeen. I'm ten.

Author's note (not the end of chapter) : This is the beginning of the apocalypse so in a few years she will be 14.

"What's your name, girl?" Hank asked.

"Amelia," I mumbled.

Why did they save me? There are other people out there, but why did they choose to save me?

"Well, Amelia, you've got a long road ahead of you," Elliot said coldly.

After that, there was just silence. And more silence. And more silence...

Until, finally, we reached a white house with a barn off to the side. Elliot and Hank went up to the door, while I stayed inside the car, and knocked on it. A man with a white beard, who looks like Santa, came outside and shook hands with them.

Even though I was a few yards away, I can still catch some of the conversation.

"Hershel, the world's shit out there."

"You have to believe me."

"Just let me see her, god damn it."

All of them were spoken by Elliot, who, obviously, isn't happy. The last one really gets me. Does he have a girlfriend? Hershel's daughter, maybe?

After a while, a girl came out and hugged Elliot. She had long blonde hair.

"I'm going with Elliot," the girl said.

Hershel had a very pained, but soft, expression.

"Beth, please...you need to stay here. Think of how Maggie or Mom would feel," Hershel said.

Beth. So that's her name.

Beth had a confused look on her face and replied, "Daddy, I'm not a little girl anymore."

Before Hershel could say anything, Beth walked back to the car with Hank and Elliot.

Author's note:

How do you guys like this FanFiction so far? Comment on what you think about it! I will for sure reply back! :)

BROKEN

XOXO,
Grace