Katniss Everdeen's POV

"Katniss!" I heard Prim's voice from beside my bed, but it sounds so far away. I felt her cold hands jostle my arm, and I groaned. "Katniss wake up!"

I looked over at her, she was already dressed in the yellow dress we picked out together when we went shopping last week. I looked into her blue eyes and she smiled at me. I couldnt help but smile back. I sat up in bed and she sat next to me, resting her head on my shoulder.

"Katniss?" she whispered.

"Yes?" I said, stroking her hair.

"I know you arent very excited to start a new school," she started. "But I am, and I'm also nervous. Are you?" I chuckled and had her sit in front of me so I could braid her hair.

"Yeah, I guess so," I said, looking out the window, my fingers entwined with her blonde hair. "But I'm not worried about it. and you shouldn't be either Prim. You'll do better than I will, you always do. And besides, you will do what you always do and make new friends." She looked up at me, smiling. "Ah, keep your head still I'm not done." I continued to braid her hair as she hummed different songs. The sun was just coming up, and I finished her hair right as the clock hit 6:30. She jumped off the bed and ran down the hall to breakfast.

I changed into my first day of high school outfit, a red flamed hoodie with black ripped jeans and boots, and I braided my own hair as I went to breakfast. My mom was cleaning up the kitchen as she handed me a plate of eggs. I sat down next to Prim as we ate in silence. I glanced at my watch, saw it tick closer and closer to 7. As soon as my eggs were gone I put my plate away and grabbed my backpack. I took Prim outside to our bikes, and kissed her forehead. Her middle school was the opposite direction of YA Highschool, the new school I'm going to for 9th grade.

"So just straight down the road, left, and all the way to YA Middle School at the end of the block," I said, pointing to the other end of the neighborhood. She nodded wearily. "And go straight to the principals office when you get there, alright? Hey, it'll be fine." I patted her head and gave her rose helmet to her. She hopped on her bike and rode off down to the neighborhood. I watched her go all the way down and go left. I exhaled, and hopped on my bike. YA high was a lot farther than that.

I rode all the way passed endless neighborhoods, until I started seeing more and more high schoolers walking in the direction I was going. This was my first year at YA High in YA Wyoming. I had lived here for two years, and supposedly this was the best and only high school for miles. Prim was going to YA middle for her first year, even though she was already in 7th grade. I saw the school looming over the courtyard, the yellow buses dropping off kids left and right. I checked my watch, and pedaled faster. As soon as I dropped my bike off I ran to the front doors. I was pretty fast, so I got in as quick as possible.

I looked around the hallways, at the various kids walking to classes, socializing and picking fights. I just held my backpack tighter, and walked to the principals office. I passed by a tall girl with a lot of red hair. She bounced as she walked. I internally rolled my eyes. I walked faster though a set of doors, into the principals office. The stickers on the door read "PRINCIPAL SNOW" in white letters. I knocked quietly.

"Come in," an old voice said. I opened the door to see an old man, Principal Snow, seated at his desk. He smiled and handed me a piece of paper. His office what white and pristine. I left as soon as I could.