Finnick Odair's POV

I sat with Annie by the windows of Ms. Trinket's class. Homeroom was boring last year with Ms. Matthews, but I like the way Ms. Trinket presents herself. She is the first teacher I've seen at this school with dyed hair, hot pink and curly, like a My Little Pony character. She was British, she must be new because I haven't ever heard her voice before. Both my parents were British, and I used to speak with a cockney accent. But in 7th grade, lets just say don't I speak in a British accent any more. I like Ms. Trinket. 

I stroked my girlfriends bright red hair in the seat next to me, as we watched Ms. Trinket scurry around the room looking for her attendance sheet. 

"Alrighty," she said, holding the paper in her hand. "Hello! My name is Effie Trinket, you may call me what ever you want. Ms. Trinket, Trinket, Effie, my friend calls me Elephant so you can call me that too!" She was so joyful and peppy. I like her. 

"Now, I am new to this school-" she paused so look around. "-and I would appreciate it if you introduced me to you. You are all Sophomores so, I trust you know how to." She waltzed around the room and put her hand on my shoulder, her boney hand pulsing. I looked up at her, smirking. 

"Hello Finnick, tell me about yourself!" she said smiling. I looked at her. "Yes, I memorized the seating chart and all your names." She laughed awkwardly and looked around the room. The ruthless high schoolers didn't bother to smile. I wanted to make Ms. Trinket feel welcome because I related to her that way. 

"Yeah! My name is Finnick Odair and I am on the swim team," I looked up at her, smiling. 

"Oh Thank you, Finnick!" She laughed, and it honestly sounded like my mother's laugh. 

She continued to walk around the room and asked for people's introductions. I nodded to Annie, the shyest, girl I know. But I encouraged her, and at some point she let the ADHD take over and just started rambling. Ms. Trinket loved her, and that brought my heart joy. My friends, Jason and Tobias looked at me and I told them to be themselves. Yeah, they were themselves alright. Laughing and calling each other morons.  After that, the classes after homeroom were so boring I kinda just skipped through it. 

At lunch, I went through the lunch line outside the school. Mac n' Cheese for the first day of school. Wonderful. It's not prime rib or salmon but still good. I was getting served when I saw my girl Tris looking for a place to sit. I walked over to her, the sun glinting out of the corner of my eye. She flinched when I stood next to her. I grabbed her arm and didn't say a word, and pulled her towards the tables outside the school, all the way in the back by the fence. Jason and Tobias were sitting there, Annie sitting with some of the other girls. Tris looked at them with a longing expression. I did think about the fact that the new girl probably didn't want to sit with a bunch of boys. I called Annie over. 

"Tris, this is my girlfriend, Annie," I said, as she approached. Annie smiled and waved. Tris waved weakly. 

"Hi Tris, come sit with us," Annie grabbed her hand very quickly and whisked her away. Tris smiled meekly as she looked back at me. I just hope I am not coming off too strong. 

- this wasn't my best work and its very rushed so I'm sorry if it's not my best work eek. pls comment stuff so I know people are enjoying it. I think I'm going to make Annie dyslexic, and had ADHD like the other "demigods," so just a heads up. Any characters you think I should include? ok bye, have a nice time reading.-

VOTE