Chapter 6 - Welcome to My Newest Recruit

My mind racked against my head as my body took its time opening my eyes. I felt dizzy and ready to throw up. The last thing I remembered was picking up a table, and something smacking against my head. Had I knocked something else over? No, that'd be impossible considering how far away other things were.

Finally, my vision cleared, and I saw the situation I was in. I was sitting on one of the bar stools, not restrained, fortunately. It was dark in the room, except for my TV glowing commercials. Thanks to my night vision, I could see everything perfectly. I saw clothes everywhere, some shelf decorations moved. A weird shadowy object sat in one of the corners. Strange, I don't remember having a pile there.

Suddenly, the pile quickly moved toward me. Before I knew it, a knife was pressed against my throat, ready to cut a wound.

"Who sent you," the shadow growled. "Why are you here? Answer me. Now!"

"Okay, first of all," I said to the shadow, grabbing the hand which held the knife. "Just by looking at your hand, I can tell you're not that strong. Second, if you ever interrogate someone, you gotta restrain them or at least have a bunch of strong buddies with you. Third, this is my house. And I don't take trespassers lightly, herbivore or not." I yanked the hand I grabbed, sending the shadow crashing to the ground. It groaned and loosened its grip, leaving me to grab the knife and wave it in its face. The shadow hesitated, realizing the mistakes it made.

"Stay there," I warned it. "I'm going to turn some of the lights on. Why is it so dark in here." I walked over to one of the light switches and flicked it upwards.

The shadow turned out to be a male who looked like he was a young adult. He wore a baggy, green hoodie with white strings dangling from the hood. Plain, grey jeans were worn on his legs. He was extremely pale, which easily exposed the small bruises and cuts on his face. His shoes were a blank black, but were smooth as a rock. His frizzy hair was light brown on the bottom, but halfway up it was a light red. A brown tail hung from his bottom, but he had no ears. Monkey. His eyes were a deep, sad turquoise.

It's almost as if me and Bobo had a son, I thought. Ugh, why did I put that thought into mind.

I circled the strange intruder. He tried to glare at me, but he looked away in embarrassment not a second after. For some strange reason, he was on his knees, hands behind his back. Just like he was getting arrested by the cops.

"Why are you in that position," I asked him. "Stand up and look at me."

"It's none of your business," he mumbled as he stood up. He made eye contact with me, but I could see tears about to come falling out. I recognized the way his eyes looked. Almost closed. Tired. Wanting to give up. This guy had felt the same amount of pain like me. Maybe even worse than me.

Nevertheless, I cleared my throat and spoke to him in a more stern tone: "You're in my house. I have all the right to ask you questions and make you do what I say."

"This isn't a house, this is some crappy trailer home."

"I call this place everything but home. If you will do so much and buy me an actual house, go ahead. I'll set you free and you come back with a livable house all paid off."

"Sure, let me go and I'll do that for you. I'll do it as an apology for breaking in." An obvious lie.

I snorted. This boy wanted to play smart with me. Fine, I'll play his little game back.

"What business do you work for," I asked slyly. "I know my companies well, especially the good ones and the bad ones. Whoever you're from will decide if I should trust you or not."