Chapter Seven

~ALFONSO'S POV~

"What is it?" I ask back, expecting she'll tell me she likes me.

"Uh, um... Just..." Freak. Just what? I was going to ask her what impatiently but I know that wouldn't help. I looked at her nervous brown eyes instead.

"Okay, uh, I know I'm not this kind of person before but thank you." My heart sank. "Thank you for being such a good friend after three days of making you suffer, which is not enough since I have this plan."

Plan? What plan? I just looked at her confused and making her continue on what she was saying.

"You must be wondering about the plan?"

I nodded furiously.

"Well," she didn't get to continue because we were supposed to play this game if we're standing on the dance floor--which is just the shiny gym floor.

In the game, the guy have to rotate clockwise and exchange partners. So now I'm with this slut-looking girl while Elaine is with Matt. While I'm pretending to dance with this girl, I can see Elaine's eyes full of happiness and laughter. I wonder what they're talking about. Maybe Nate? No... Or maybe it's just something fuuny and I'm getting really paranoid because we need to rotate again. I can't believe I was looking at Elaine for three or four minutes. Now Elaine is with this guy that probably likes her. Freak this. I am never going to get her.

"You do like her." Matt said pulling me away from the girl I was dancing with but whom I also never knew what her face looked like. Shoot, he probably saw me starring at Elaine.

"No, okay? I don't like her." I respond nervously, trying hard not to get caught.

"Why don't you just admit it? It's not hard to fall in love with a girl in college. I realized that in my freshman years." I remember that Matt is a sophomore while me, Chris and Nate are still a freshman. Chris and Nate got recruited in the team, that's why they didn't went to try out.

"Have you ever heard of the three-month rule?" I ask, trying to change the topic.

"Where you have to wait for three months to get into another relationship whith another person?" he asnwered.

I nodded, making him get the message that I had a girlfriend and we just broke up for less than three months.

"Bro, nobody knows what that is! Did you learn that from one of your friends in the Philippines? I did."

"Yeah,"

"That thing is overrated!" he screamed over the music that is just in the right volume for me to hear him without screaming. "You've got to be kidding me."

"I'm not." I laugh. "Why are you even asking me that question?"

"Because I want to court her the Filipino style, since we're both Filipinos." I wanted to punch him when I heard the word court. But I know I have no right to because I'm not her boyfriend and I'm just always slow when it comes to telling a girl a like her. This happened three times already to me: 7th Grade (Sam), 9th Grade (Athena; I got her anyways), and 1st Year College (Elaine).

"Since you don't like her, I'm free to do this." So he ask me just to make sure my feelings wouldn't get broken? Dang. He is kind.

He ran to Athena and ask her a question. Good thing they're not doing the rotating game anymore. I watched them talk to each other for a while--if one of them is talking, then one of them is starring deeply in the other person's eyes like he or she can see through his or her soul. I wish I can have the same conversation with her but too late.