Chapter Twelve

~ELAINE'S POV~

"I hate you! You little bitch! How could you do this to me?"

I jumped up from my bed. It was Athena's voice screaming at me. It has been three days since Alfonso's birthday passed. Unfortunately, he didn't like the gift. The memory keeps playing in my mind.

~~~~

It was Friday night, the day of the party. The venue was at my backyard. It was a fun pool party.

"I'm really glad you let me borrow your whole backyard." Alfonso keeps on thanking me. My dad was not in here. He's somewhere in the world, probably having sex with his secretary.

"Sure." I said. I waved to Matt and Chris who were coming out of the house to the backyard.

"Happy birthday, bro!!" they both screamed while patting Alfonso in the back. He turned and started talking to them.

I was still in the dress that covers my bathing suit, waiting for Athena to come. I usually go for midnight swims.

I sat at the edge of the pool, watching people splash themselves with water. The pool was full of cheerleaders and football players. They were the only people Alfonso knows from the university with the exception of five people in our classes. Five people who are really nice to us.

My phone started to vibrate.

Athena

"Hello?"

"I just landed. Be there in fifteen minutes."

"Kay." And I hang up.

"Who was that?" Alfonso said, sitting by me. Just realized he took off his shirt. Damn his hot body.

"Someone." I smirk. He looks a little hurt. Why? For what reason?

"That seemed such a short conversation."

"Well."

"I need to tell you something."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." he answered. I wait for what he was going to tell me. My heart pounded hard.

"I... I kinda..." he started. My heart pounded even harder. I can hear it in my head. I sat there silent, waiting for whatever he wants to tell me.

He opened his mouth but nothing came out. He got pulled by one of the cheerleaders in the pool. He splashed me and my phone. Shit. "No no no no no." How is Athena going to contact me? I hate cheerleaders!

I stood up and dry myself. I tried to turn on my phone but it stays black. Alfonso got out of the pool and walks by me. "Sorry. Sorry for splashing you."

"No. It's not your fault." I tried to push a laugh.

"I know. But screw those cheerleaders." Loud chuckles came out of me. "I sorry for those cheerleaders. They don't know how much of a bitch you can be."

I gave him a smile. I don't ever get offended if someone says I am a bitch or weird or ugly. I just comes to me like it is normal. Like how the sun goes up every morning.

I walked to the refreshments table by the table full of Alfonso's gifts. I turn around. He was following me.

"How's the juice going?" Maria said in her Tagalog accent as I was drinking strawberry lemonade.

I nodded. "It's really good." Alfonso got poured some on a red plastic cup. He nodded and put a thumbs up.

I walked to the edge of the pool again and sat. I drink some more of the lemonade. Alfonso sat by me again.