Chapter Five

~ELAINE'S POV~

"What... did... you... say?" I was so shocked I can barely say a word.

"I said I like you in those glasses. They look really good on you. You can keep it if you want. I don't really need 'em." So he did say he likes it on me! #HeartAttack

Wait, but does he mean it in a romantic way? Well, I don't think so. He knows I have a boyfriend right? Oh gosh! That is the problem! I have a boyfriend and I like him? No way! That's just stupid! Maybe he said it in a friendly way? And I don't even like him, right?

"Are you done?" he ask and grabbed my paper. He just nodded and nodded and nodded. I think I got everything right. Which is a good thing since I just want to be alone and talk to myself out loud.

"Okay, you got them all right." he said and set my paper on my hand. Our hands touched and we both looked in each others' eyes. His eyes are the darkest ones I saw my entire life. They're dark brown and dreamy.

"Uh, we can go now. I mean, if you want to stay, since it's just seven. It's still early." he said breaking the silence.

"Oh, uh, we can go." I replied, taking my hand off of his.

We put our books and other stuff in our backpacks and exited the bookstore.

We were silent the whole ride. I bet it was because of the hand-touch thing.

"Hey, um, is it okay if you give me a ride to my aunt's apartment? She said she can't pick me up today because she's still at work." he say, scratching his head. #Awkward

"Sure, just give me your address." I said looking at him. Oh, by the way we're still in the car. Which just made things more awkward since there's not a lot of gap between us.

"Here," he gave me his phone. I laughed a little just looking at it. I mean-- it is so small! {Phone on the side}

I looked at him playfully. He seems embarassed so I stop laughing. I give him his phone back and started driving again.

"Are you going?" I ask, starting a conversation to occupy the awkwardness in this car.

"Going where?" he ask back.

"The middle school-ish dance."

"What?" My God. Does he pay attention to any activities at school?

"The Fall Into Autumn Dance? You know, where we--" he cut my sentence.

"Where we pay for the ticket which is twenty dollars and the money goes to a charity? Sounds boring." he said in an annoyed but serious tone. Okay.... I guess he's annoyed now.

I was going to agree with him on that (for the first time) but I didn't respond instead. I think it will make him mad.

I dropped him off in front of his aunt's apartment and I yelled, "See you tomorrow at the practice!!" He nodded and slamed the door shut. Is he really that mad? If yes, what the hell did I do?

I connected my phone to the car stereo and played my Crush playlist for some reason. I mean, it's not like I have a crush on him but this playlist just makes me feel better.

The first song is This Love by Maroon 5. {Song in the side; listen to it longer if you want} I keep it playing on replay because I just love this song so much. This makes up my mood