Chapter Thirteen

~ALFONSO'S POV~

It is all part of her plan. I cannot believe she wants me now. I cannot believe her attitude. What the hell does she want from me? But I am having second thoughts that this is her plan.

I am beside Elaine, practicing our lines together. The prof gave us our scripts while the crew is using the old Romeo and Juliet props. I look at her. She's looking down at her lap. "What the hell do you want, Elaine? Stop following me."

"I am not following you." she said.

"Then why is this happening?"

"I don't know. I didn't even know that I will be Juliet and you'll be-"

"Don't act dumb."

"I am not acting dumb." I saw her bite her lips.

I saw little drops of tears come out of her eyes. Another act. "Stop. Stop acting." A hint of anger was in my voice. It was not supposed to be in there. I guess I'm still angry with her for being clueless about everything.

She look up to me, eye to eye. "You need to stop, Al. Stop telling me what to do. Right now I'm telling you the truth." she said in a calm voice. She said it like she's not mad at me. She said it like I am the person that has the right to be mad at her. She bites her lip again, this time even harder. Tears stopped pouring from her eyes. Instead of clenching her teeth, she bites her lip to stop from crying. Another act . She is making me pity her. "I am not gonna pity you."

She looks down at her lap again and says, "I am not begging for your pity. I just want us to be friends again." There was a lump in my throat. "I just wished you didn't loved me. So all this wouldn't happen." She still doesn't love me. I don't know if I need to keep on waiting or just move on.

I look at the stage to focus on other things. I feel like crying. I clench my teeth and try to think about something else. When I recovered, I look back to Elaine, who has her eyes closed while crying. Still biting her lip, pure red blood drips down to her jeans. She must be thinking it is just her tears so she doesn't open her eyes.

I don't want to see her hurting herself. I can't. I put my fore finger in her chin and kiss her lightly, so I can suck her blood. And so she can stop biting her lip. I know that she's not acting. She never does in front of me. She is really hurt about what happened. All I want to do is talk to her, but there's this little voice inside me that says I am not ready yet.

She pushes me away, knowing that this will cause drama. But I pull her back and kiss her again until we're out of breath, while my hands holding her hands tightly. She doesn't respond. All she does is keep on crying. I can feel her tears in my cheeks as well.

When we were done, she looks down at her lap again, biting her lip. More blood drips from it. She keeps on crying, I can tell she's also clenching her teeth to prevent it from pouring. I look at the stage again. All of the cheerleaders that are in our class are looking at us, whispering. I am glad that the prof is not noticing us, since he is too focused with the crew people, or we'll be dead meat. Or he might think that we are practicing for kissing scenes or something. He always believes me. Every professor does.

"Hey, stop crying." It was more of a strict command than a calm command. I regret of doing that. She eventually stops biting and clenching, but tears are falling from her eyes. Then I say, "Behind every smile I make is a tear shedding for you, Elaine. I love you that much." Then I quote her saying, "I cry not because I am weak,but because I am scared of the future. I am scared of what will happen to me if you reject me." I squeezed her hands. She bites her lip, more blood coming out of it. I just stay silent until her bottom lip becomes pale.