Chapter Three

A/N

Hi guys! Thanks for reading my story! I'm trying my best to make this a good one and I hope you'll like this chapter and the others! Thank you again! :) Please comment down below if you want me to dedicate you one of my chapters. Also, please tell me if I need improvements or if you have any advice. K. Bye.

(Weinberg University on the side. Take note: There are a lot of Weinberg Universities. The photo is just a picture of Ateneo de Manila University in the Philippines.)

Warning: extreme curse words ahead. Please do not read if you are not comfortable with them. Thank you.

~ALFONSO'S POV~

"Alfonso, Alfonso, Alfonso!" my aunt screamed while hugging me. She seems surprised even though she knows that I'm going to be with her for about... hmm... let's say... FOREVER.

"Tita, what's wrong with you?" I joked. She hugged me so tight I can barely breath. Barely.

"Tita? Don't Tita me! I'm called Auntie now! This is America, sweetie. Not the Philippines." the word tita is the Tagalog word for aunt. Get it?

"Okay," I shrugged and hugged her back.

She stopped hugging me and looked at me for a while, "Oh my, God, Alfonso. You're all grown up! The last time I saw you, you were this little," she said while showing me how tiny I was before. "And now, you're taller than me! God."

I laughed and remembered what my mom told me before. She said that I loved watching Jolina Magdangal and Marvin Augustin movies when I was little. That's why they always tease and call me Jolens, which was Jolina's nickname.

Auntie Lyn hit me in the back of my head and said, "Hey, Jolens, daydreaming?"

"Auntie Lyn..." every time we Filipinos say other people's names, especially when they're teasing us, it's just a shorter phrase that means "Stop with the teasing, or else," Plus, it's more respectful.

"Fine, fine. Just find your bags and I'll help you bring them down." Auntie Lyn and I went to the luggage carousel and looked for two of my luggage. After we found them, we went to the airport parking lot and put my bags in the trunk. Auntie brought her Silverado, which is huge. Pretty cool, huh? That's her only car. Auntie Lyn is kind of boyish, but still girly.

"How's your love life?" Auntie Lyn asked me as I entered the truck.

"Love life? Like I have one." I said dramatically. I should've said "What? I'm happy to be single," but no. I didn't say that. So this means a story.

The engine started and she said, "Dumped?"

"No,"

"Then what?"

"I'm the one who dumped her."

"Ooh, tough. Why?"

"Isn't it obvious?"

"Oh, yeah. You're the kind if boy that cares for education and what the future holds-according to your mom." I like Auntie Lyn. She's the only one who gets me-even though we just communicate through Skype.

"Do you think...." she started.

"Do I think we're getting back together?"