Chapter Twenty Five

Be sure the truth will find you out
- Anonynous

Today was the day.

I stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom, a white towel wrapped tightly around my body. Could I do this? Will I succeed? I shivered at the thought of being caught and thrown in jail.

You can do this.

You can't be so sure.

I know you can do this. You owe this to yourself and to Brahms.

I know.

I hadn't spoken to Brahms in almost two days, since our argument. He had a reason to be upset with me. I didn't blame him, and decided to let him have his time to cool off.

I took a deep breath, and began to wring out my sopping wet locks. I had two hours to prepare for the Heelshire's lawyer to come and visit.

After drying most of my hair with my towel, I walked into the bedroom to try to find something suitable to wear. All I had were Brahms' old clothes, an old and worn outfit of mine; I couldn't wear any of those in front of the lawyer, I needed to look as professional as I could.

A coral pink color caught my eye. Draped neatly across a chair was a coral pink dress. I knew it hadn't been there before, I picked it up carefully and examined the fabric, a note was attached to the hem: For your appointment - BH.

He got me a dress? Guilt began to rise in my throat. I had treated him poorly and he still gets me something nice to wear?

It's because he likes you.

Or he likes what I'm about to do for him.

Or both.

I held the dress close to my chest, I hadn't owned a dress in years; it was one of the most beautiful pieces of clothing I had ever received from someone.

The dress itself was sleeveless, the neckline a simple slope; the hem was flowy but the garment itself still very casual.

After admiring the dress for a few minutes, I laid it aside on the bed. I'd have to do my hair and makeup first. If I didn't hurry, I'd be out of time.

I rushed to the bathroom to look for any makeup or hair styling tools. I found nothing.

Then it hit me. Mrs. Heelshire.

At first, I debated just going without hair styling and makeup, but ultimately knew that I'd have to do everything in my power to make myself believable. I'd have to use Mrs. Heelshire's old products, if she even had any herself.

I quickly dressed into an old sweater and track pants before walking out into the hallway to search for the Heelshire's bedroom. Each room was almost identical the rest, and there were at least four bedrooms on each floor.

After a while of searching, I finally found the main master bedroom.

Based on the paintings, and furnishings, I could tell this room belonged to Brahms' parents. I closed the door and locked it, making sure Brahms couldn't hear me digging around his parents room. I never could tell where he was when we weren't talking.

The room itself, was extremely large in size. Along with a king size bed, there was an adjoining bathroom, a fireplace, a sitting area, a desk, and a vanity. Add a kitchen and it could be its own separate flat.